Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Last night my beat grids for all my songs were off. Sync was useless and every song had to be manually adjusted.
running 2020 32 bit and havn't updated in months.

geposted Fri 04 Mar 22 @ 7:16 pm
Think you need to call Ghostbusters.

geposted Fri 04 Mar 22 @ 7:27 pm
So it made you have to DJ...lol...good job VDJ. But this is also a reason I have been asking for an analysis lock. But they don't feel its necessary.... guess you found a reason...lol

geposted Fri 04 Mar 22 @ 9:00 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
So it made you have to DJ...lol...good job VDJ. But this is also a reason I have been asking for an analysis lock. But they don't feel its necessary.... guess you found a reason...lol

I use sync when im juggling 3 computers and a full bar, but I a prefer to manually adjust when not blown out. Last night was nuts.. reminded me of my younger days.

geposted Fri 04 Mar 22 @ 10:08 pm
Well, tonight it fixed itself.. lol

geposted Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 3:40 am
Thought that might happen.

geposted Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 7:53 am
OK.. Back again. Manually adjusting every song via tempo faders and sync doesn't do anything. Press and nothing 90% of the time. Crazy is all I can say.

geposted Sat 12 Mar 22 @ 7:13 pm
burnyabad wrote :
OK.. Back again. Manually adjusting every song via tempo faders, and sync doesn't work. Press and nothing 90% of the time. Crazy is all I can say.

geposted Sat 12 Mar 22 @ 10:29 pm
Sounds like you have some troubleshooting in your future, to isolate the issue :)

After, restarting VDJ (at times that helps strange behavior) and insuring there are no phantom instances of VDJ running, check task manager.

Some troubleshooting steps might include, (to determine what is the possible source, which can then be studied more closely) :

1) check with a default Atomix skin, NO controllers attached

2) use default Settings: (close VDJ, rename settings.xml to settingsOLD.xml in your documents/Virtual DJ folder, restart VDJ)

3) add a controller one at a time using the default mappings

one of the above should eliminate the issue, then, once having isolated the issue, you can get your rig running perfectly again.

geposted Sat 12 Mar 22 @ 10:40 pm
I will do this,. Thank you

geposted Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 12:13 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Sounds like you have some troubleshooting in your future, to isolate the issue :)

After, restarting VDJ (at times that helps strange behavior) and insuring there are no phantom instances of VDJ running, check task manager.

Some troubleshooting steps might include, (to determine what is the possible source, which can then be studied more closely) :

1) check with a default Atomix skin, NO controllers attached

2) use default Settings: (close VDJ, rename settings.xml to settingsOLD.xml in your documents/Virtual DJ folder, restart VDJ)

3) add a controller one at a time using the default mappings

one of the above should eliminate the issue, then, once having isolated the issue, you can get your rig running perfectly again.

Did exactly as you said and fixed it completely.

geposted Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 5:03 pm
Yay ! ! .. great to hear.. and were you able to determine which of the above, was the causing the issue? I would bet it was, 2), (but I am not a betting man).

I ask since once you know which is the issue, you only need to focus on those changes... ie if it was step 2), you could reintroduce your Non-default skin and custom mappers for your controller (if you had to go that far to have it working as you like)

geposted Sun 13 Mar 22 @ 8:06 pm