Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark set up - Page: 2
yes that sounds correct ..

That should indicate that everything is correct out of the computer to the CD players.
And that the problems occur at the external mixer itself.

But hmm .. Thinking of what that could be, touched on most of the common errors already

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 1:18 pm
Thank you so much for support so far.

Would you say that the issue is caused by the fact that I do not have licence so VDJ acts weird by sending sounds to both channels?

Also I would like to add that I did another test which is to add a track on the vdj deck 2 only instead and still my mixer EQ shows sound on both channels

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 1:38 pm
user24022989 wrote :

Would you say that the issue is caused by the fact that I do not have licence so VDJ acts weird by sending sounds to both channels?

hmm.. at least a license is required for that setup.
Granted you an extended trial, so you should have fully working trial again now for a few more days..

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 2:13 pm
No I do not have a free trial as I bought the first NDX more than a month ago and the free trial is expired. I just bought the second one and I could not try before. Of course I am going to buy the licence but I just want to make sure that everything works before doing so. I am just struggling to understand how a missing license would cause that on the mixer.

Also vdj stops working after 10 minutes in case of missing license therefore everything should work fine within this time window

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 2:19 pm
Got you extended trial. So you should have more days now
Open the software, and see if it say so under license tab in settings

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 2:38 pm
user24022989 wrote :

Also vdj stops working after 10 minutes in case of missing license therefore everything should work fine within this time window

True. So I dont think it has anything to do with that.

Can try with CDs and see if you have same result on your mixer (using 2 players) ?

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 2:43 pm
Thank you so much. I will try and make all the tests and get back to you at the earliest

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 3:55 pm
Hi
I tried all possible scenarios and I got the same issue. I decided to call Numark to get an advice about it and they said that the mixer EQ is related to the stereo left and right channel and not the channels of the mixer itself which is a little bit misleading by reading the specs of the device. I am very disappointed about it. Therefore everything is normal and Numark also assured me that there is no sound on the other quite channel.

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 9:34 pm
Oh. A bit odd design choice for the LEDs ...

At least you figured it out, i would never have guessed ;-)

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 9:52 pm
I am wondering - why would anyone need a stereo EQ?

geposted Sat 12 Mar 22 @ 12:41 am
You can manage fine without ;-)

geposted Sat 12 Mar 22 @ 11:13 am
@scuolacalciorecoba you keep mentioning EQ in this thread, but I believe you're referring to the VU meters (the LEDs that light up).

The EQ controls are the low, mid and high knobs for adjusting the bass, midrange and treble.

Quote :
the mixer VU is related to the stereo left and right channel and not the channels of the mixer itself

That's normal. The VU meters show the master output, not the levels of each mixer channel.

geposted Sat 12 Mar 22 @ 5:02 pm
@grovindj - I kept mentioning it until I found out that it was VU. I thought it was an EQ in the first place as I could not think of any reason why you would put a VU thlere. Is there any DJ or music player that would enter a mono input or need a VU?

geposted Sat 12 Mar 22 @ 10:26 pm