Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: bug,,,last update May 30 2023
i just get update my Vdjs and just load any song and vdj it close, just want to let you know thanks

geposted Tue 30 May 23 @ 7:06 pm
Try rebooting, and if it still crashes try renaming your settings.xml file to see if that helps

geposted Tue 30 May 23 @ 8:07 pm
Same as OP. Whatever song I click to play, local or remote, v2023 b7572 crashes the moment I press play.

As suggested, I renamed settings.xml. That worked [update - no! - see next post] - but I want my settings! I don't remember the various settings I changed. Is there an easy way to compare the two versions of the settings xml file? Better: Is there a way to semi-automatically apply each settings change (and then I press play) until I find what setting is causing the crash?

geposted Tue 30 May 23 @ 9:01 pm
I spoke too soon. It's still crashing - with some songs. Both local and remote. I haven't changed any settings.

geposted Tue 30 May 23 @ 9:08 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you remember on which build of VirtualDJ you were before update?

geposted Tue 30 May 23 @ 10:51 pm
Hello,
Same for me with version 7572.
At the end of the 3rd or 4th track, vdj crash!
Everytime.
Previously I was on build 7555

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 1:07 am
Same here, back to 7555.

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 8:33 am
I have no problems after the update, everything works!

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 9:46 am
Latest update starts well and everything seems ok until..... I select a song in the browser and with the right mouse button I want to make a selection of e.g. the Poi editor or the BPM editor. VDJ crashes instantly.

In b7555 no problems.

W10, 64bit
Fruitskin

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 10:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@RON BAREND
Are you on a computer with RTX3060 ? If so, can you check if StemsFix setting (in OPTIONS) has "dont use GPU" enabled , then uncheck and try again with 7572 ?

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 10:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJ Dance Planet wrote :
I spoke too soon. It's still crashing - with some songs. Both local and remote. I haven't changed any settings.

So, you have spotted specific Tracks that cause the crash and can reproduce with these specific songs, but not with some other ?
If so, any common these Tracks have and/or can you share one of them ?

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 10:56 am
djdad wrote :
@RON BAREND
Are you on a computer with RTX3060 ? If so, can you check if StemsFix setting (in OPTIONS) has "dont use GPU" enabled , then uncheck and try again with 7572 ?

I reloaded b7577 and unchecked StemsFX setting "dont use GPU".
Everything works normally again.

Thank you for the quick response.

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 11:40 am
Oops, I meant b7572 of course.

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 11:42 am
...and stemsfx must of course be stemsFix. Sorry for that.

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 12:09 pm
Although b7572 was pushed, the download page on this site had the latest as b7555. Installed. Works.

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 2:43 pm
@djdad wrote:
So, you have spotted specific Tracks that cause the crash and can reproduce with these specific songs, but not with some other ? If so, any common these Tracks have and/or can you share one of them ?

Sorry - I can't remember which tracks played, which crashed. (After renaming my settings file. Before renaming, all tracks crashed.)

geposted Wed 31 May 23 @ 3:18 pm
story1PRO SubscriberMember since 2017
what about audio? I try and set my headphones and it crashes on me help?

geposted Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 1:34 pm
HueHeffHome userMember since 2017
My dj face is missing letters. I can't type "e" and the words are messed up. Looks like it's in German without it being. Updated my driver's ect.. please help

geposted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 11:39 pm