Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane Performer - Page: 5
Thanks for the update DJ Dad! If selected, I look forward to putting VDJ through its paces with the Performer.

geposted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 1:24 pm

geposted Sat 20 Jul 24 @ 5:20 pm
Can wait for the support! Just opened mine yesterday. Waiting patiently.

geposted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 5:34 pm
VDJ beta is working great with the Performer so far! I haven't run across any bugs yet but will send a report if I find any.
I had to use SDJ for a while until this beta and what a crappy experience that was.... beatgrids all over the place and not accurate, stems take a while to load, acapellas sound horrible, the software itself takes at least a minute to load and is somewhat laggy. Thank goodness for VDJ!

I'm curious when the VDJ software fx are enabled instead of hardware fx, is the parameter knob supposed to do anything?

geposted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 12:47 am
Machiventa wrote :

I'm curious when the VDJ software fx are enabled instead of hardware fx, is the parameter knob supposed to do anything?

It should control the first parameter of the selected software effect(s) which in most cases is "DRY/WET"

PS: since the units are almost identical, until the official support and manual comes out, you can take a look ar Rane Four manual to see how things are supposed to work.
After all, Performer is a Four with motorized decks, and better screens.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/four.html

geposted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 6:20 am
ZAMRICPRO InfinityMember since 2024
I just found out from this post that the performer isn't fully compatible yet. I bought the performer thinking VDJ already supported it. I really hope they release a compatible version soon because that would be really important for us.

geposted Sun 28 Jul 24 @ 1:42 pm
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Can I please get a beta version file for Rane Performer? I would love to demo test it and give feedback on it.

geposted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 3:02 am
Hi there,

@DJ DAD,

if it's sitll possible, I would like to enter the beta test and give my feedback and help debug the rane performer integration

here is my email adress : *** removed ***

Thanks

geposted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 10:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Beta testing is at the final stage and we will not accept additional Beta testers.
The device will be officially supported soon.

geposted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 11:04 am
djdad wrote :
Beta testing is at the final stage and we will not accept additional Beta testers.
The device will be officially supported soon.

👍🏾
OK got it,
Thanks for the answer 🙏🏾
Thanks for the work done 🙏🏾

geposted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 5:49 pm
Moderation :
Post removed.
Please discuss Beta topics only via email. We do not share any Beta Information here ;)

geposted Tue 30 Jul 24 @ 1:12 pm
It’s ok

geposted Tue 30 Jul 24 @ 8:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Official support for Rane Performer is now available in Early Access BUILD 8272 (2024-08-01)

Selected as best answer geposted Thu 01 Aug 24 @ 11:16 am
I'm excited the Performer is now supported with VDJ. The only that's going to suck for me is when I upgrade my vdj version, my stems are most likely going to go back to the very slow processing. I had to go to an earlier build in order to get them to process in about 7-10 seconds. Now I might have to wait the 2-3 minutes to process a 4 minute song.....That sux. Oh well, Such is life...right.

geposted Thu 01 Aug 24 @ 8:05 pm
Thank you for quick support everyone.

djdad wrote :
Official support for Rane Performer is now available in Early Access BUILD 8272 (2024-08-01)

geposted Thu 01 Aug 24 @ 8:28 pm

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 1:50 am
Do you have a long brake time set for the platter? Does the same thing happen if you hit play/pause?

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 2:52 am
MR DJ RoJo wrote :
I'm excited the Performer is now supported with VDJ. The only that's going to suck for me is when I upgrade my vdj version, my stems are most likely going to go back to the very slow processing. I had to go to an earlier build in order to get them to process in about 7-10 seconds. Now I might have to wait the 2-3 minutes to process a 4 minute song.....That sux. Oh well, Such is life...right.

That must be fixable on your laptop
Stems separation is of course not generally slower in recent builds

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 4:59 am
So awesome playing around with this tonight only things I can really find that might need tweaking is when you adjust your stop time off of zero, then press the play stop button it almost like jumps ahead for a split second and then starts slowing down.

Also when you try to use the BrakeStart FX in virtual DJ it speeds up a lot then starts slowing down while I have the performer attached.

I'm using a M3 Max 16 inch 2023 MacBook Pro with 48GB unified memory.

I'm not in any hurry to use this thing so take your time Virtual DJ Pro's thank you for hooking us up.

Just wanted to give a heads up and see if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks!
DJ Mike

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 6:17 am
user13015804 wrote :
So awesome playing around with this tonight only things I can really find that might need tweaking is when you adjust your stop time off of zero, then press the play stop button it almost like jumps ahead for a split second and then starts slowing down.

Also when you try to use the BrakeStart FX in virtual DJ it speeds up a lot then starts slowing down while I have the performer attached.

I'm using a M3 Max 16 inch 2023 MacBook Pro with 48GB unified memory.

I'm not in any hurry to use this thing so take your time Virtual DJ Pro's thank you for hooking us up.

Just wanted to give a heads up and see if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks!
DJ Mike

Hello guys,

Thank you VDJ guys and all the beta testers for the work done and the release of the performer support.

I have the same little issue here, which is honnestly not annoying (for me) so take your time ;-)

cheers,

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 6:55 am
68%