Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane Performer - Page: 6
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Do you have a long brake time set for the platter? Does the same thing happen if you hit play/pause?

First, thank you for responding :). Yes, same thing happens when I hit play/pause. It only happens on one deck at a time, the other deck plays and cues just right.

I did go into config/options/audio/rampstoptime and ensure they were set to 0.0, that's not it. I'd LOVE to figure this out today

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 12:42 pm
What is the stop time knob set to for that deck:

If it's not already all the way left and you want the fastest time possible I guess you'll have to turn it all the way left.

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 1:23 pm
It's all the way to the left. it's set to 0.0. I've also tried restarting my rane performer and virtual dj. the platter keeps spinning on that side as well

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 1:38 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
What is the stop time knob set to for that deck:

If it's not already all the way left and you want the fastest time possible I guess you'll have to turn it all the way left.

I figured it out. Shift and Slip on the deck will fix the problem. Hopefully this helps someone in the future :).

thank you to the Virtual DJ team for getting the Performer mapped in record time!

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 1:47 pm
Interesting, the manual says that button press combination should only toggle vinyl mode and switch the motor off...didn't think that would affect start/stop/cuestop behaviour.

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 2:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The only known issue with the Stop time (and brake) is ..
When STOP TIME is not at zero, and START/STOP is pressed to pause the Deck, the Track will speed up for about 1/2 to 1 second before starting to brake.

^ This is actually a generic issue with motorized jogwheels (should be present in Rane One and other).

If STOP TIME is set to zero, the Deck should stop almost instantly. If you get a small back n forth and you dont want this to change the Position of the Track, make sure motorwheelInstantStop setting is set to Yes.

In case your case is different, please either explain in detail or record and share a video.

BTW, pressing CUE from the controller should stop the Deck (and motor) almost instantly, so it's not affected from the STOP TIME position.

geposted Fri 02 Aug 24 @ 4:06 pm
Mine works fine when the stop time is at zero. Just when you move it to any other location it's almost like a really fast quick nudge forward when you hit start stop. That's all.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 5:12 am
Rather than it just starting to slow down and stop. It's almost like you touch the platter quick and nudge it.

I have not used turntables in the past so if this is a chararistic of turn tables then, my bad for bringing this up. lol. I thought it was an issue.

When you use brakestart in the software it sounds normal. it's only when you adjust the brake start time knob on the performer.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 5:14 am
How would you share a video on here?

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 5:22 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
host somewhere and link it here.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 5:38 am
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRob8pt1/

Lol I couldn’t think of anything else besides tik tok. If you guys want to find me on Facebook or something it’s

Mike Horvatits Jr.

Here it is though. Let me know if this is normal. When you hit play start it’s almost like a real quick nudge and then it starts slowing down.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 5:55 am
ZAMRICPRO InfinityMember since 2024
When you press the play button while pressing down on the platter, there's a significant chance—or even most of the time—that it will start playing normally, ignoring the fact that your hand is on the platter.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 7:34 am
Can the Performer work in conjunction with one or two Rane12 mkIIs with VDJ?
What needs to change to the mapping/config to allow this to happen, if anything?

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 9:22 am
Mister Tea wrote :
Can the Performer work in conjunction with one or two Rane12 mkIIs with VDJ?
What needs to change to the mapping/config to allow this to happen, if anything?

Using it with with a Rane One doesn't make much sense to me as both controllers have a soundcard for output and a mixer (who has the final say on those two things)?
Using it with DVS or Rane Twelves make sense - it can be used as a DVS soundcard (
the manual actually says that, so at least using the Rane Twelve MK2 in DVS mode should be supported). Using it in HID mode should be usable two, although I've never used it to see how the deck assignment works.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 11:45 am
user13015804 wrote :
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRob8pt1/

@KingRanch318 This is normal for turntables - you have the stop time (upper left knob) greater than zero, so it takes the platter a bit of time to slow down. Decrease the value to decrease the stop time. Some Super OEMs have controls for both start and stop times and OG technics SL-1200s had no controls for this, ad here was a noticeable start and stop time there.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 11:50 am
Correct I know how the stop time knob works and its function I use it all the time. I’ve actually missed having it. On other controllers.

I’m talking about the little nudge almost like mini scratch that happens right after I hit the button. Before it starts slowing down.

I didn’t think that was normal.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 5:59 pm
You are right, on closer inspection that does look weird.

Check the answer @Adion recently gave here

Summary: try turning motorWheelInstantStart=No (it's on by default) to make the startup playback behaviour follow the motor startup.

geposted Sat 03 Aug 24 @ 6:51 pm
Cool I was hoping I wasn’t losing my marbles yet haha.

I’ll try it! Thank you.

geposted Sun 04 Aug 24 @ 4:32 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :

Using it with with a Rane One doesn't make much sense to me as both controllers have a soundcard for output and a mixer (who has the final say on those two things)?

Thanks! But not sure how you thought I was asking about the Rane one! I only mentioned quantity :D

geposted Sun 04 Aug 24 @ 9:07 pm
I agree...I imagined "Rane" in front of the quantities mentioned...that was my mistake😔🙏🏾🍺

geposted Sun 04 Aug 24 @ 11:56 pm
81%