Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why does atomix always drift out of sync ??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

the beat sync in atomix is real quick and works great, but then it drifts off after a few bars. I sometimes mix with keeping the fader in the middle but unless i keep manually dragging the peaks back together it sometimes sounds horrible. Im not talking about weird time signature stuff either, simple 4/4 stuff. It seems to be once the bmp and phase are set, the track should not drift apart. I guess whats happening is that it isnt getting it done perfectly. Maybe thats still a thing practice and manaul adjustments are good for. I know on my turntables once i get tracks synced, if i did it right i can let the track just play and even 5 minutes later i can open the fader and they are still synced.

so what can be done for making atomix "tighter" ?

i know the program visual discomix continously varies the BPM of the tracks to keep them in sync and it works perfectly. Tracktor also has a means to keep resyncing the tracks, but it doenst work that great. Maybe atomix could make it so that "magic" button is pressed like every 1 second to keep syncing the track ?

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:10 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Just a suggestion, possibly Atomix has calculated the bpm incorrectly and needs minor adjustment. I have manually calculated some of my songs as I was not happy with what Atomix precieved the bpm to be.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 10:08 am
ciskoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Remembere the pitch bend!!!!
Bye

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 12:03 pm
Did you check the basics ?

I think "Auto Pitch Reset" is ENABLED by default in the configuration menu. Set it to DISABLED to avoid that the record automatically returns to its normal BPM.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 12:21 pm
i think he wants auto syncing incase the bpm's aren't set exactly right on the songs.

atomixmp3 isn't meant to keep the sync all the time, it depends on how accurately the bpm is set for the songs.

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 2:05 pm
just remember to manually adjust the BPM......atomix cant do everything....just pay attention to the BPM of both songs and you'll understand what I am trying to say.....I had the same problem before...

Just look better...

cheerz!!

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 4:04 pm
i understand what you are all saying (and sorry for not logging in, forgot my password). Ive dj'd for about 7 years now and im pretty decent at beatmatching by ear, rather on tables or software. Now tables are a bit easier just cuz you can slip cue the record, but thats not really the point.

what im trying to say is, yeah you can make manual adjustments to the song and keep it in sync, or you can manually adjust it in the first place and if you do it right, then it will keep synced, but see, atomix does a great job of adjusting the bmp and phase of the track and snapping it right into sync when you hit the sync button. So why not make it able to keep resyncing the track the whole time ? or maybe make it a button such as "continous sync" or "sync once" so you have that option.

geposted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 8:28 pm
answer is probably that using the "magic sync" repeatedly sometimes causes the program to sync to wrong position, which is very noticeable ofcourse.

with basic 4/4 it might work, but if there was a long "boooom" and some loud effects (not beats) the program might detect them as beats and autosync would cause major mess.

there surely is some ways to avoid syncing when not sure if its actual beat, but that might go little too complicated depending how the beat detection works.

geposted Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 7:43 pm
.. continued: other way might be to track the current beat pattern within some "area", and keep it sync if the shift is within defined "area", where area mean the shift of the calculated bpm graphically

geposted Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 7:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)