Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Soundcard advice

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can someone give a brotha some advice on Soundcard selection? Please!

I currently have a SoundBlaster Live! No complaints about this card, but there is a problem with it (the rear channel is dying)so Im looking into purchasing a new one ASAP. I could buy another SoundBlaster Live! or Audigy, but I want to get some quick advice first, if possible. I definitely need a 3D card because I use an external mixer and I dont really want to spend a lot of money, unless its 100% worth it!

Is anyone using anything different out there and is happy with it?? Let me know!

TreborTrax

geposted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 3:35 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Stay with SB Live! Never change a winning team and it´s real cheap since the Audigy was released.

geposted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 6:56 pm
Thanks mama!! I'll stick with SB Live!

TreborTrax

geposted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 7:46 pm
I have used SB Live! and a CMedia 8738 3-D (currently using) soundcards ... and honestly ... i have not noticed a difference between the two. The only difference there is, is the price.

geposted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 9:02 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Believe it or not I am using the onboard soundcard with dual mono out with no sound problems at all. I am unsure of the manufactueur, but my specs are Acer Travelmate 200T.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 9:49 pm
DJ XHome userMember since 2002
I would recommend Santa Cruz. I had SB Live but it burned so I bought SC. It's much better then SB. It's sounds really good the built in EQ does awesome job and with DSP (takes off load from CPU) u can't go wrong. Just search for some reviews and u'll see what I mean. It had perfect scores on most of them. Plus it let's me pick 2 soundcards in atomix and I got one SC. Buy it, Try it u won't be disapointed. Hope I helped. Anyone else using Santa Cruz??
DJ X

geposted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 12:04 am
hi!
I've tested two sound card with atomix:
- Sound Blaster Live!
- Sound Blaster Audigy
The difference between the two cards are the following:
- Live! has got 98dB SNR, Audigy has got 100dB SNR (SNR is the noise level of the sound card, 98 is good, 100 is the best)
- Live! has got two output (Rear and Front), Audigy has got three output (Rear, Front and Subwoofer, so you can connect a separate subwoofer for mooooooore bass)
- Live! has got many effects (for ex. Chorus, Pitch Shifter...), Audigy has got Live! Effects and some new
- Requirements for Live! are 166MHz CPU and 32MB ram, Req. for Audigy are 300MHz CPU and 64MB ram
So Live! card costs ~90$, Audigy Card costs ~130$
For a professional user the best is Audigy, for home or small parties the best is Live!.

geposted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 1:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)