Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I'm new to this program! Help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi I'm new to this program and still have the trial version and won't be able to afford the reg version for a while. So i'm wondering if there is a way I can get background music to regular songs and not just effect? 'cause some remixes have really neat background that is totally different then the original. i've only done effects as I am new at this. If someone can help me on how i can add background music & take out the original that would be great!! Hope sum1 can help!

Eric

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 2:58 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
The best I can tell you about those remixes is that they have added beats abd loops using other songs. Atomix can do that, but it cannot take out the music just to leave you with vocals. You need to search for accapella that would be just the vocals. As for the beats just find something with the same bpm and loop a small part of it, then line it up with the song you are using.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 6:15 am
OK thanks...would i add the loop w/ beats in the extra section where u store .wav's on? for example that section has like whistles and beeps and other stuff in wav format. that's the only way i can think of doing it...

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 4:18 pm
No, the samples have no way of adjusting AT ALL to the pitch/BPM of the tracks playing.. you should use MP3-files and then mix them in using one of the two decks.

I'd keep the song with the beat easily available in the folder I've set as my Favorite folder so I can grab it whenever I need it, load it on one of the decks, go to the (cue-pointed) section where that beat is and get mixing.. maybe even cut/fade out the beat after a while to bring in something else and then do it all over again (add that beat a second time) by grabbing it and loading it once again (that's why you should keep it within reach or atleast somewhere easy to find as it disappears from the playlist if you just added it there)

You could use an MP3-editor to make a copy of that tune and crop out everything but the beat-sections in that song so you basically have an MP3-file with just the goodies of that particular song..

Setting cuepoints at all the right places in your favorite tracks really is a great thing to do as you can improvise a bit and sort of just go on a hunch:
"Hey.. the drumbeat from ______ would fit nicely right here", grab it, go to one of the 5 cuepoints you've lined up earlier(a bit more convenient than searching the track back and forth) and let it rip... :)

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 5:01 pm
1. set cuepoints for atomixmp3? Everyone says something about cuepoitns and I'm not quite sure what they're talkin about.

2. make my own effects for atmomixmp3? I like the ones available but I was wondering if there was a website available for more options in terms of effects and how I can make my own?

3. get my hands on an mp3 editor? I want to add my own touch by providing music that wouldn't be available on the original mp3. that way I can just play it on the other deck. oh yeah how would I play two tracks at the same time? All I can do is move the fader to the other song but then the orginal song i have playing before i switched the fader isn't playing anymore!

Hope someone can help!!

Eric

geposted Fri 03 May 02 @ 12:39 pm
1. Setting cuepoints in atomixmp3:
Make sure you use a skin with buttons to set/goto cue-points then all you have to do i press the "set cuepoint"-buttons where you want to memorize the location so that you can easily find that specific place in the song (the start of the song/chorus/whatever you need to find) just by pressing the corresponding goto-button. You can save 5 cuepoints for every song and they are saved individually so that when you change tracks the old cuepoints for that track will be recalled so you can use them immediately.

2. Making your own effects for atmomixmp3:
As the support-page states you need to know how to program in any language that can generate DLL-files.
Don't have a clue what this means?
Then you don't have the knowledge needed.. just face it and use the effects provided by those who know how to do it.
(You basically have to be a programmer with loads of skills to actually make a DSP-effect-plugin)

3. Get your hands on an mp3 editor, etc:
To find a free MP3-editor go to www.download.com and search for MP3-tools.. there are almost billions of them and I'm sure you'll find something usefull in that category.
About the "problems" with the fader: check the Crossfader behaviour-setting in the Options-screen, my guess is that you've set it to cut straight from one to the other rather than to do a smooth or full fade.

geposted Fri 03 May 02 @ 3:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)