Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP-10 slider/fader

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, I have a pragmatic question about the slider on the XP-10 for pitch change.

Let's say, I move the thing down to adjust the time stretch and speed up the song. So I sue the remote to adjust the bpm. And I use a shortcut on my keyboard to reset the bpm to the middle/original value. Then the slider is still down.

What happens if I touch it again, just a little. Is the bpm going to jump to the value of the slider?

geposted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 11:22 pm
Nobody can answer to you because nobody got them !

just wait and see..

geposted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 11:24 pm
Yes but we can guess based on previous experiences, cause the faders aren't motorized, if there will be a jump in pitch (currently), that will be no problem to fix by either having the fader adjustments work relatively or by preventing instant change from the xp10 fader (cause its not possible to move the fader from +-X to 0 without first going the steps in between).. or some more complex state checking.

geposted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 9:01 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I posted the "same" question on the french forum some month ago about what would happen with the use of only one controler.
The problem is the same.

The answer was that the slider could work in relative position and not absolut.
So, no matter where the slider is, as long as you can move it up or down, the pitch will increase/decrease.

If you can read french:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1176
becarfull, this post is from august and anwsers may not be up to date.
We will know that in january!

geposted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 9:38 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There should probably also be a soft-takeover option to cover the requirements of the initial question, i.e. the slider is already at the minimum, so can't go anywhere but up without affecting the pitch.

I'd like to see soft-takeover controls include an indicator showing where the physical controller currently is (like a dot above the on-screen fader for example) otherwise you have to guess where to move the controller up to before you can move it back down, potentially meaning you'll increase the data value first before you bring it back down. But either way, that's generally better than the data value jumping to an explicit value as soon as you touch the controller for my purposes.

geposted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 10:47 am
Just playded with a Korg MicroKorg synthesizer. They provide an PC editor for the hardware and found a solution to avoid these reset parameters problems with non automated knobs or faders.

When one modifies a parameter on the software and then plays with a know there is no jump to the current physical value of the know. Actually, turning the know does not modifie anything until you meet the value set on the software.

With the XP 10 it would mean that if you are at the top of the speed with the fader and that you reset the time stretch on VDJ, as long as you are not back to the 0 value with the fader, it has no effect on the sound.

I don't know how hard it is to implement but it is a very cute solution, ... I think.

geposted Fri 26 Dec 03 @ 3:57 pm
I found this on the Harmony Central website:
"XP10 units can be combined to form a 19 inch rackmountable unit. "
Will this also be the case with the VDJ pro models?
Thanks

geposted Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 5:53 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)