Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: POLL: who wants VDJ optimised for automatic use ? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I mean better fade in and out options so you can use vdj also on quite nights like in a regulair bar or at home as a background player.

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 10:32 am
No offence, but that is what I use Musicmatch Jukebox and Winamp for. I use VDJ only for live performance. So if I had to vote for this I would vote against it, as I can see other features that deserve more of the time required for development than the addition of a standalone automated MP3 jukebox.

Regards;

Redman247

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 11:14 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I vote for Redman247 president!
Really near from my opinion.
:)

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 12:49 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 12:51 pm
"I vote for Redman247 president! Really near from my opinion.
:)"

@kaleo

Funny you should mention that, I happen to share the same name as one of the U.S. Democratic Presidential Nominee's. lol!

Regards;

Redman247

[And remember a vote for me is a vote for VDJ, and a vote for VDJ is a vote for hardworking DJ's everywhere!] ;)

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 1:07 pm
I agree with redmen247

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 7:46 pm
Why use a other program if one could do it all??
I really understand that the live Dj is not waiting for automatic use.
But bar club etc. owners want both so a better fade in and out option would make me an others very happy.

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 9:22 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Better than the new fade mode of the v1.07b?
Force Fade: on/off
Fade Time : 1s, 2s,4s, 8s or 16s
Display of "fade in position" and "fade out position"...
(sorry, I may take wrong words because I use the french version).
For a long utilisation without supervision, I really don't understand what your are looking for.
Maybe you should explain here what is missing for your utilisation, this could help us to understand you.
Regards,
Kaléo.

PS: @Redman247, LOL, it's a real hasard! :)

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 9:44 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I feel you should be able to walk away from it occassionally, for 10, maybe 15 minutes and not have it completely mess up the way it does. Cutting off signature endings, and signature beginnings.

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 9:44 pm
@Salva

The problem with this is this. VDJ is still in its infancy, and all though it is progressing fast and getting to be a more mature DJing product it is not with out its faults, allot has been corrected and a few still remain as is such with any new software.

Issues that you will see allot of on this board is the precession of the BPM, another is P4 HT issue. Some of these issues affect a larger group of users than the ability to "AutoDJ". While I can see your point about it's usefulness to a Bartender/DJ, I can also guess that most likely the majority of DJ's here are not behind the bar or switching between the bar and DJing most of the night.

Another thing is VDJ is a specialized program aimed at live performances, to add auto DJing to it might seem more like a gimmick than a true enhancing feature, also when you do that you put VDJ on a whole new level of competition, right now VDJ only has to worry about competing DJ software and keeping ahead of them, with the additional task of VDJ becoming a DJ jukebox, then they will compete not only with there own sister product (DJ-Box) But with the multitude of other MP3 Jukebox's available on the internet.

For myself I would rather they focus on fixing the current issues, adding new features relevant to live DJing as that is what this program is designed for and the consumer base it is targeted for.

Regards;

Redman247

@Kaleo
PS. Well if at least if I was President you can be sure I wouldn't be going around upseting our European Nieghbors like our current one does. [If I am elected, DJing will be moved to the top of the social class, with no taxes!] lol! ;)

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 9:49 pm
Oké i tryed that force fade and it's not making me clear what it does, because when i disable or enable it it make's not a difference (not sure).
Stil the automode is reacting on the beats becaus it wil put the first red arrows 16sec. in a song that starts slow and at the end it does that to.
I mean i want a fade in and out at the beginning and end of a song.

But i discovered that if i push on the automix button the song wil begin at the beginning and not at the arrows, this is what i schould do all the time and at the end also.

I hope that you understand my story??, and i don't wanne be a pain in the ass, but i love this software and i wanne use it all the time and not only on live gigs.

geposted Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 9:57 pm
Salva

You have my vote. VDJ needs a better automix for the nights you just want to cool out. A good fade out is all I want.

geposted Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 4:41 pm
I'm all for automation, but not at the expense of performance. (I never use it now.)
If addition to the code makes the program run slower, or make future updates (future features) more troublesome to make... then I'm against it. :)

- Jim

(Ps. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year everybody.)

geposted Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 1:04 am
Dont care about auto play. would rather much see the beatlock improved, more supporty for Hercules controller (scratch), and bugs ironed out

geposted Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 6:29 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
Yeah, I vote for the team to work on other things (than auto crossfading). If you want the best auto crossfader I've ever seen, get winamp 2.x and download the SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading v1.75 plugin. After a little tweaking, you end up getting the best crossfades you've ever heard (because its based on dB rise and falloff, not just time). Its better than the winamp 3.x crossfader, but you can't use the plugin with winamp 3.x

geposted Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 7:04 pm
OjLeno

Let see I paid $120 for VDJ so I think that the program I paid
for should be better then a free one

geposted Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 7:17 pm
Thats what i mean why should i use winamp?? i want it in VDJ It's a almost perfect mp3 mixer but a simple thing like good ato crosfading isnt there?

geposted Fri 26 Dec 03 @ 1:10 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
#1 Not necessary OPTIMIZED for automatic use, just a simple "play next song after this" option - so we can get a beer, toilet visit, talk to the employer for the gig or anything - eg. during a slow break.

Just a option to remove the analyzed fade in/out points, should use less resources and be an easy approach to this problem...

I'm testing the autofade plugin you recommended right now, sounds great! - and I guess I'll make an .m3u for winamp with slow tunes running after I fade out the main VDJ session...

Hope I can do this, and keep the system stable!
That's the main reason to have such an option integrated in vdj. Think ONE prog. communicating with/controlling soundcard is preferable!

#2 somewhat mentioned earlier, eg. a "simple/single effect mode" where you'd get 6 effects on the row, working on both players at once. This may be harder to incorporate, since i guess the program is builot around "separate engines" for player A/B..

geposted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 5:41 am
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Geez... did a search on some of the forum sections for "autoplay" and... it's been talked about before...

See from discussions regarding older versions of vdj, and actually described some in the manual included with vdj 1.08 too -
"automix mode" selectable between "smart", "tempo" and "fade"

This has disappeared from the Fame-settings as far as i can see...
Miss dat "fade" setting..

Just what I was naggin' about ;o|

/L

geposted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 11:41 am
How much more automatic do you want . Just create a play list and then set automix . And you can set fade times from the settings panel.From what I have their isn't much else I could want.It's playing automaticly right now as I write.

geposted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 7:04 pm
51%