Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DIFFERENT TRANSITIONS

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

One pAkHome userMember since 2002
HEY djs, what different transition methods or techniques yall use to move to the next song?? or advance to the next song?? i usually use quick spin backwords , automatic start, fade out to the next song, beatmatching, looping the first song, a scratch, an announcement, or slow down to a stop... anyone know more or other transition methods yall use???????
thanks..... dj one pak

geposted Sun 12 May 02 @ 5:51 pm
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
i love doing an echo with a fade into a new song

geposted Sun 12 May 02 @ 11:03 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Sometimes I throw the begining of the new song in a couple times to the beat of the song playing and then cut to the new song : )

DJ Homeboy

geposted Mon 13 May 02 @ 1:53 am
Being a bedroom-DJ and mostly mixing melodic trance I tend to aim for a "seamless over-2-minutes fadein".. I think I'm getting the hang of it but I REALLY need new speakers since I have 2 PC-satelites without subwoofer and one of the sat's are blown.. so I just have a general idea of if it sounds good or not.. :oP

I think that or maybe bringing the intro in a couple of times as mentioned above give a very proffesional feel to the mix.. after all, you're supposed to mix two tunes together.

Just doing some cool stunt and then change it with a straight cut-over might be cool from a DJ's point of view but I still have my mind down on the floor and there's nothing worse than a DJ gone mental: all you want on the floor is a smooth flow of music:
backspins or scratches doesn't really get my feet going.. :o)

geposted Mon 13 May 02 @ 10:00 am
One pAkHome userMember since 2002
it nice to blind in trance or beats in a 2 minute time frame but its best to the crowd if u change the transitions up, otherwise, your crowd will grow bored of just music blending in together, different transition techniques always keeps the crowd going.... dj one pak

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 8:20 am
manuelHome userMember since 2002
i agree with tommy :)

geposted Tue 14 May 02 @ 11:54 pm
with some dance techno song it can be fun to play the music part of one song while you play the vocal part of the other

geposted Sun 21 Jul 02 @ 8:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)