Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: hip hop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

is there any trick on mixing hip hop? ive tried a few times but cant seem to get it to actually beatmatch...please help if you can...thanx

geposted Sat 08 Jun 02 @ 10:14 am
yep. learn how to beatmatch by ear.

geposted Sat 08 Jun 02 @ 5:36 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
You will have to properly figure out the bpm's of some of the hip hop songs. Mostly all I dj is hip hop and I have noticed that Atomix doesn't figure out the bpm correctly every time.

DJ Homeboy

geposted Mon 10 Jun 02 @ 12:10 am
Man buy 2 Turntables and a battle mixer.
Because when you look at a professional dj that mixes hip hop r&b you will see he is using turntables to scratch or beatjuggle in the song because there aren''t many hiphop songs wih the same beat.

geposted Mon 10 Jun 02 @ 11:26 pm
DaSOHome userMember since 2001
this is a way to cheat with mixing hiphop/jungle/D&B/downbeat is to manually enter the correct BPM into atomix (this is also necessary to correctly use the loop function :). The easiest way I have found to do this accurately enough and quickly is to load a basic house 4-4 track into player B and let it play through so atomix can corretly detect the BPM. Then find a portion of the song that is simple with 4-4 beats and no vocals or anything else (it even helps to eq out all but the bass) Then load your hip hop song into player A. Set player B on a 4 beat loop and leave it stopped. Find the regular 2-4 snare or 4-4 snare beat of the hip-hop, etc song line it up over one beat of the house song. Then shift the pitch of the house song (player B) up or down so that the 3rd beat matches up with the 3rd beat of the hip hop song. Now you have one measure lined up. Right click on the hip-hop song and select enter BPM. Enter the BPM displayed in PLAYER B. This is the correct BPM (or close to it) Then loop both songs and play them together to make any fine adjustments, changing the BPM so they loop and stay in sync. Have fun.

geposted Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 8:20 am
To get the actual BPM of a hip-hop song (7 times out of 10 atomix is wrong in the detection of bpm of hip-hop songs) I use the beataps "Leo's DJ Helper" plugin for winamp. This plugin is easy to use and by pressing "B" along with the beats that I hear I am able to get the real bpm of any song and then change the bpm being showed in atomix. All this doesnt even take 10 seconds because after some practice, one can perfect the art of beat-tapping. I do the same for the second song as I can listen to the beats on my headphone. After this I just have to press the automix button, and its "MAGIC".

geposted Mon 17 Jun 02 @ 9:20 am
samir_zHome userMember since 2002
damn we want the new atomix
update it with better scrach ...

geposted Thu 11 Jul 02 @ 11:06 pm
The best way too beat match hip-hop or rap is by ear. I found thats the best way to do it. Youll get the hand of it sooner or later.

-Enjoy

geposted Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 6:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)