Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: manual beat tap....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It is my understanding that the new & improved Atomix can make use of a beat tap plug in or effect. I'm hoping that someone will come up with this add on just as soon as possible!!
If I had half a brain, I'd try to do it. But this is best left to someone who knows what they are doing...

please!

geposted Tue 24 Dec 02 @ 1:24 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Also waiting patiently :)

geposted Tue 24 Dec 02 @ 2:29 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What would that be usefull for?

geposted Tue 24 Dec 02 @ 11:39 pm
well, you would use a key, or perhaps the mouse button to tap to the beat of a song that has had the bmp mis-calculated by Atomix, and the incorrect bpm would then be corrected...

without the need to count it out, then maunally edit it.

geposted Wed 25 Dec 02 @ 12:10 am
Bsl16f6Home userMember since 2002
I agree that a manual beat tap would also be helpful,

As I find that when playing music such as garage r'n'b & hip

hop, because the beats tend to be irregular, atomix is not as

good as picking up on those kind of bpms as normal dance

etc...

geposted Fri 27 Dec 02 @ 1:54 pm
My understanding is that the new effects engine is capable of doing this. We're just waiting on someone to develop it. I wish I had a clue, I'd do it yesterday.
Can't wait, and thanks to anyone who is working on this!

geposted Fri 27 Dec 02 @ 7:24 pm
Anyone having a go at this ?

;-))

geposted Fri 27 Dec 02 @ 10:46 pm
In the back of my mind Corpse, I was kind of hoping you might be at least thinking about it :-)

I am absolutely dying for this feature!!
I think most of the world knows that by now.

geposted Sat 28 Dec 02 @ 1:10 am
Hope you consider making it corpse :)

geposted Sat 28 Dec 02 @ 9:51 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Do you want this as an atomix plugin, or as an external program? When version 2.0 was upcoming (or was it 2.1?) I had access to the Beta forum, and someone posted some QBASIC (LOL) sources of something like this over there. I'll write a small exe which provides you a beat tap, if you want to. Only one problem: it'll be under .Net, so you'll need the .Net framework (sorry, I made a choice ;))

I saw a Javascript beattap too once, which ran in your browser. I'll look after it.

Greetz, Ikke

geposted Sat 28 Dec 02 @ 1:39 pm

geposted Sat 28 Dec 02 @ 2:04 pm
Alright... now that 2.2 is released, I'm planning a full uninstall and re-install. Saving the database won't help, cause I believe that's the cause of some occassional problems. The more you manipulate your mp3 files from within Atomix, the sooner you end up having to do a re-install. SO... I'll be working with a bunch of miscounted hip hop BPM's. Knowing that this new version is capable of having a manual beat counter that will automatically edit the bpm of a song is killing me. I wish I'd taken some programming classes. Is someone working on an add on? How's it going?

By the way Ikke, congrats on finally snagging the full version. Must be awesome to finally be playing this software without the demo limitations!! Nice to see that you stepped up! What a great Christmas present. :-)

geposted Tue 31 Dec 02 @ 2:29 am
Well, you're right, it is a great christmas present. It really rocks in fact.
About the beat-tap: I can't find those sources anymore ( :( ) but I started writing a new one. The only thing I need is a function to read out milliseconds in some way :( but I can't find any... Anyone who knows the .Net framework and a class which has a function like this in it? Thanks!!!

Greetz, Ikke

geposted Tue 31 Dec 02 @ 11:01 am
Well.. you can get the songposition(in samples= *samplerate and you've got current (real) time in track) so if you get the time inbetween taps you can calculate BPM.. it's all very do'able... we're just waiting for the right coder to sit down and have a go at it :)

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 3:47 pm
I don't know how to get new effects from this site.
Can you help me. Please.

geposted Sat 22 Feb 03 @ 11:15 pm
To get new effects purchase the software or enter a valid serial in your profile.

geposted Sun 23 Feb 03 @ 11:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)