Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Manual beat tap (part II) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I've got a Manual Beattap working (written in C#), but I'm not shure if it's 100% correct/accurate... So I'd like to ask you all if there are some of you who's want to test it for me. Anyone interested? Let me know something asap, so I can "release" it soon :)

Take care: you'll need to install the .Net framework to run the prog!

Greetz, happy newyear,... (fill in yourself),
Ikke

geposted Tue 31 Dec 02 @ 6:08 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
don't know if I have the .net framework running...
does it work just like an effects plug in... so when you are looking at the effects display, it's there, and as you tap out the beat, it updates the reported BPM of the song that's playing?

geposted Tue 31 Dec 02 @ 6:19 pm
No, it's a standalone EXE program, because at the moment you can't write Atomix plugins in C# (or am I wrong? I'll write a C++ plugin which forms a bridge to a .net assembly once, but at the moment I've got another job I have to finish first...) and my C++ skills aren't really up-to-date anymore.
You can download the .Net framework for free, somewhere @ microsoft.com :)

Greetz, Ikke

geposted Tue 31 Dec 02 @ 6:23 pm
However, the way I understand it. With the improvements in the effects handling with the new version. Atomix is now capable of having a manual BPM counter set as an effect that will automatically update the bpm of the song as it is being used. At least that the way I understood it in another forum. I don't really need a stand alone bmp counter, as there is one built into my mixer. I want one that is a part of Atomix, and illiminates the manual editing process...

(still hopeful)

geposted Tue 31 Dec 02 @ 6:30 pm
Mmm, I see. I'll take a closer look to the new effect SDK ;) altough I don't think we'll be able to set the BPM? Maybe I'm completely wrong :) I'll let you know!

Greetz, Ikke

--Added later :)

I've been looking at the provided examples and the AtomixDsp Header, and as far as I can see, you aren't able to set the BPM from within a plugin, sorry. If I'm wrong, please tell me!!! :)

Greetz (1ce again LOL), Ikke

--/add

geposted Tue 31 Dec 02 @ 6:34 pm
Hmm, I can't contact Steph! No idea how... Could you (as a teamer) please ask him to give me more information/contact me, or give me his mail address/icq/number/whatever (you have my email, so do it over there!)?

Thanks & happy 2003,

Ikke

geposted Wed 01 Jan 03 @ 12:55 pm
First, with the new effect engine you should be able to write effects plugins in C# (although I have never tried it yet).
Just create a COM+ dll project in C#, and check at the AtomixDsp.h header file for the correct GID to be used, and the interface prototypes.

About the beat tap, since there is no buttons available yet in the effects, you'll need to create a new small window on the plugin's OnStart() function, with a big button inside to tap on.
On the window's closing, call the SendCommand() function with ATOMIXCMD_GETSONGINFOS, modify the Bpm item of the returned struct, and call SendCommand() again with ATOMIXCMD_SETSONGINFOS.
For a clean implementation, you should also destroy your window if the OnStop() function of the plugin is called.

And that's all.

Stef.

geposted Wed 01 Jan 03 @ 6:27 pm
Thanks Sir for clearing that up... I hope anyone who knows what all that means was listening. :-)

geposted Wed 01 Jan 03 @ 10:15 pm
Well, OK. First I'll have to find out everything about COM+ (never worked with COM or COM+ now, so... :( )
I'll check it out. One problem: C# has no pointers... I'll see.

Thanks for the support, Steph!!! Great.

Greetz, Ikke

geposted Thu 02 Jan 03 @ 11:52 am
Duh, I have everything working (well...). I have my CCW (Com Callable Wrapper), my Atomix DLL which uses the COM component (no errors), and I can without errors start my proc in my C# assembly which should start the form. But nothing appears :(
Any help???

Thanks, Ikke

geposted Fri 03 Jan 03 @ 9:21 pm
Mmm, found out a solution after a heavy Google-discussions search :) I'll write it now asap (first have to make my math-exercices :))

Am I allowed to send in a beta in the addons section? Makes the job easier for me :)

Greetz, Ikke

geposted Sat 04 Jan 03 @ 2:18 pm
Oh man, I'm starting to get excited :-)

geposted Sat 04 Jan 03 @ 4:08 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
You can send a beta to me djhomeboy@atomixmp3.com I will help you to develop it ;)

geposted Sun 05 Jan 03 @ 10:30 am
put it online! ;)

geposted Sun 05 Jan 03 @ 4:08 pm
I can't at the moment. Atomix seems to have problems with the way I work. Everything works fine when I call my assembly from a standard Win32 exe, but not when I do the same in an Atomix DLL, I get fatal errors. I contacted the team so they could give me more information, I'll see :)

Greetz, Ikke

geposted Sun 05 Jan 03 @ 6:12 pm
It won't be available for demo users anyways T-Bone.

geposted Sun 05 Jan 03 @ 8:18 pm
really? :'(

are there restrictions in the new demo?, i haven't seen them yet :/

geposted Sun 05 Jan 03 @ 9:54 pm
The plugins that Atomix comes with is all you will get for now until you purchase the program.

geposted Mon 06 Jan 03 @ 1:43 pm
so the download section will be closed for demo users ... :(

geposted Mon 06 Jan 03 @ 6:26 pm
Hows it going so far ikke ? Any new progress ?

geposted Wed 08 Jan 03 @ 6:55 am
80%