Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 3.1 Woooot!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 7:59 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That was quick cyder ;).

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 8:12 pm
No sleeping around here. Give it up to our wonderful DEV team and all their hard work.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 8:15 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
One small critic already, why does the update file reset your scanned files and erase the bpm info?, of course we all know the database file copy into folder proccess, but it seems like messing if you ask me, should be easy to fix this.

Other than that, well done.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 8:20 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
wow if i had four thumbs i would give the dev team 4 thumbs up great job on reading zipped for karaoke ....just saved me from buying another hard drive

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 8:33 pm
You need to add zip to the extensions for it to work its not enabled by default. So add zip and point it to the karaoke/zip decoder in the extensions settings.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 8:37 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
the update does not erase any database, but it does reset the multi-user option to zero (because it install itself in the default user directory), so if you used multi-user you'll be back to the default user configuration, and thus the default user database.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 8:41 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...:o)

Excellent...another update. But, i just want to clarify something.

Bagpuss, you mentioned that the BPM's are deleted. Is this correct??? All the information about your scans, cues, bpms, etc is lost???

I'm a bit unsure about downloading another update if i have to rescan my entire collection.

Also...what are the benefits of the 3.1 update if you don't use video mixing/karaoke???

Cheers and keep spinnin'

P

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:01 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
As posted above, the update does not in any way erase your bpm.

The problem is that if you're using multi-user mode, the update set you back in default user, and loads "database.xml" instead of "database (yourname).xml".
But the "database (yourname).xml" file is still there on the drive.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:20 pm
The infamous Virtual DJ logo is back on the video output.

How do you turn it off this time?

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:41 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cyder,

On another forum, you suggested big things were coming for Time Coded audio users. Is that the vinyl options listed?

Also - what does this mean: "timecode mode "1&2: master / 3&4: headphones" added"...?

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 11:16 pm
means you can use time code without an external mixer. The big change was for time coded cd which fixes bugs in buffering many cd players had.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 11:40 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks Cyder. Soooo - does this mean that DJ Snap's little problem he'd been told about will be fixed now? he was using Denon s5000's (or 3000's?) and was told they didn't work so hot with TCCD...

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:16 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Can't wait to test the "cd problem" fix, i hope that loops and cues from the software still work in this new "absolute/antiskip" mode. Anyone ?

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:07 am
Hey Cyder, I just checked my registry just now...I don't have the value "videonologo" that you reffered to.

I think I know why though.

I just had to download a full install to update to the 3.1 version.

The weird thing is I went to create the value myself and it says the name is already in use...it's deffinately not visible though.

Any ideas??

Ross

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 1:32 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Then it must be there... check again, i just see it in my system's registry, although i don't have a reason to change it..

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 2:04 am
OK I've just been and checked again, I went all the way through it from top to bottom even though it is sorted alphabetically - it's deff not there.

Ross.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 3:39 am
just checked mine, its there and it works! thankyou!

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 9:35 am
If key is not there, delete vdj (after you back up your database of course) then remove the registy key and then click the link at the top left (pretty blue color) of your screen.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 10:00 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)