Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The scratching sound DOES sound a lot worse in version 3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I mentioned in this forum a while ago that I the suspected the scratching sound sounds worse in version 3. And Ihavve now had the chance to test with version 2.6. and the difference is rather nasty to say the least. When scrathing slowly with version 3 I get a much more metallic/digital unnatural, slightly skipping sound. Am I missing some sort of settings, could it be that my hardware is slightly incompatible with version 3 or is this a common experience (that basically slow scratching sounds much worse in version 3)?

BTW I'm using TCV with maya 44 USB

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:24 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
It's your configuration. You have to place in Maya 44 3ms in ASIO mode to get fastest response. It's not a problem in VDJ for sure, I not have the problems you mention. It's like real vinyls to me.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:01 pm
I do believe that enabling timestretch will also make your scratches sound more "digital"

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:05 pm
nope. The ASIO setting is set to 3ms.Although the sound becomes a little bit better at lower settings. This was not a problem in previous versions. Also, I never use timestretch.

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 9:08 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
do you have the 'limiter' on? this feature compresses a bit the sound.

geposted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:21 am
Nope. I never use that feature, it kills sound quality...

geposted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:38 pm
sjursjur is right... try to compare with traktor for example and you know the difference for sure, guys.

C ya !

geposted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 4:59 pm
where can i config the asio settings (latency etc) in virtual dj for maya 44 usb?

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 6:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)