Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: "Unread topics"

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,

There's a very usefull "Unread topics" link above the main forum page, that shows you all the topic titles for each forum since you last read them.

Does anyone else use that? If so, maybe you'll agree with me that it needs:
- a "mark all as read" button (to avoid having to go on the last message of each forum, click on it, and back)
- a "remove forum from my Unread Topics list" button so you can ensure that all forums that you can't understand (German, Italian, Spanish, etc. in my case) are not shown

Thanks,

Nicolas

geposted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 6:33 pm
if you click on the first topic, in a main topic, all the messages in the main topic will show as unread, i use theunread topics feature all the time, and i juts got through the languages, and click the top of everyone of them

geposted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 6:36 pm
personally, I don't like to waste my time clicking on the first topic of each forum twenty times a day... that's what I mean by "to avoid having to go on the last message of each forum, click on it, and back"

geposted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 6:40 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Its goog idea but i dont use it because it shows all forums/languages.
A "filter" is needed. I for example have no reason to read the skins/plugins etc forums everyday, i never read the german.. etc, (because i dont understand a word), but i always read the bugs/new features/general forums...

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 2:58 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I use it too, though i agree we need a kind of filter to unselected the undesired forums

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 10:21 pm
In general the forum used is somewhat crude IMO.. I'm much rather see it changed to something like Simple Machines Forum which is free and IMO one of the better ones right now. It also allows you to minimize what it shows so it would not look much different then what we have now.. but with added features like mark all read and the ability to read posts at random without marking everything below them as read..

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:56 pm
Thank you so much for the new [remove] button in the Unread Topics!

this place keeps getting better :)

geposted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 5:56 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)