Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Auto beat drop correction/TCV beatlock

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
is it possible to create some type of beatlock that works with TCV? It would be nice if you set the beat squares (whatever they are called) on the start of the 1st beat for both songs. Then once you drop in the 2nd beat, the squares if adjusted right will land exactly on each other without that funny digi-stretch sound. I was just thinking of some way to use beatlock and TCV. Djing 101 says you should know how to drop a beat in but i was just thinking of the times that you just miss the cue by accident and have to fine tune the beatmatch, this would just take out the fine tuning. ;) in other words making beatlock work with TCV the way it should. i"ll admit that any dj should not have to depend on such a feature but rather to compensate for human error.

geposted Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 7:24 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol learn to drop in, its a skill you will find useful. also helps you feel a mix better. nothign mroe satisfying than letting that black plastic go, waiting a few seconds then grinning lots.

if your looking for an easier way to do it use the vinyl to cue up, then turn tc off (using a shortcut or skin) and get ready to simply press 'p'.

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 2:58 am
if you want a trick on droping in here is what I do.

create a loop in VDJ (8 beats normally does it) spin your vinyl forward until you hit your first beat, just rock your vinyl back and forth along with the other song and just let it go when the time is right.

once its gone all you need to do is minor adjustments using the pin or applying a bit of pressure to the side of the platter.

Best of luck on learning the drop ins

DJ White Devil

geposted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 8:38 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks but i don't really have a problem with drop-in's i was saying that if the beatlock worked you could drop in the beat and not have to worry about making adjustments

geposted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 8:53 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
well if the bpm detection was 100% accurate that could be useful but it isnt. there are certain things that need the fine adjustment of a human hand. i wouldnt use it but im sure there are many people who would find the feature very useful. especialy those who use other things while the mix is going on. if the two tracks are properly matched they wont drift anyway after they have been dropped in acurately. if you hold down 'b' using TCV it brings the two songs to the nearest beat on each other. this could be useful for what i think your trying to do but it would be nice if the speed at wich the adjustment takes place as it is a very obvious change.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 3:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)