Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do you change your login name?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all.

Does any1 know how to change the login name for the vdj website? I'm kinda sick of my name and just feel like a changn to sumthn like DJ RIDS. Is this possible?

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 9:56 pm
Sorry that's not possible

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 10:59 pm
OK well if I make a new profile will I be able to be recognised as a pro user when I enter the same serial?

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 11:39 pm
No

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 11:56 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think the option to change ones nick could be implemented but it would probably have to be under conditions.

You'd have to have your former name displayed under your new name, so that you can still be recognised by users, and then that presents the issue of how many times should/can one be able to change their nick?.

It doesn't matter what your name is m8, what matters is what your known for and that your recognised by your name.

Imagine If carl cox one day changed his name, the confusion that would cause..

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 1:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
... so our nick names will follow us for ever .... I wonder, if ever i become a grandfather, will VDJ Team be able then to change my nickname to DJGrandPa ?

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 2:19 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
...Forever and Ever...

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 8:53 am
i think it silly... they should have an option to change your name :|

wat if i was female and got married then my name changed lol

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 9:58 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you can be l_rids-newname ;) i think changing the name should be allowed, but i also can see it can cause confusion. It's been a while since i made mine but at least you should be told when making an account thats your name for LIFE.

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 2:31 pm
It's probably a limitation of the forum software, besides I've been a member of various forums as well as moderator and admin of a few. When people change their name it just gets confusing.

What stinks about the latest versions of forum software is the fact that everything us edited and configured by the user and not the forum staff. So people are changing their avatars and all other identifying characteristics so half the time you are not really sure who you are talking too.

It is your account and name however so I guess it should be up to you...

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 3:15 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I agree with listen2, we must to be warned about this, because in the beginning we want to look around, and we don't peak a proper name because we believe "it's temporary" which is not. The other think is to mention after buying VDJ that you could make a new profile and have a nick name for life in this site.

Well, I can do something for our friend, you are DJ Rids for me now and not l-rids anymore ;-)

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 3:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)