Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is This True?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I can't find the post for this question so I am going to re-ask it. Is it true that you can have 2 or 3 instances of VDJ up and running and all will sync you a master beat? If this is so how do you do it? I know I need to but VDJ to do this but it would be just one more reason to upgrade from Atomix. Thanks for the help in advance.

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 7:20 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's right: vdj uses a system of synchronisation between vdj instances (using OSC=Open Sound Control)
It works like a link host-server with ip and port. Then press beatlock to engage synchronisation. I advise you the skin multi-instance too

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 7:29 pm
What is "skin multi-instance"?

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 10:34 pm
Can I do this on the demo model?

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 10:52 pm
and yes....what is skin multi instance

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 10:52 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Skin multi instance is just a modifyed skin, that when loading it automatically runs a second instance of VDJ and consist of two skins, that can be merged together as two windows into 4 deck skin. Try and download it if you have a demo or full VDj 3.×

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 11:18 pm
thanks erxon...i will try that....what do i have to turn on to enable it to work?

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 11:53 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The local IP is 127.0.0.1 (= localhost = on the same computer)

Enter the same port for both instance
Enter the previous IP for the host (the host needs an IP to find the server on your network) or in both if you want a total synchronisation. It's useless to add an IP adresse for the server if you don't use total synchronisation
The host receives data from the server and so the server sends data to the host

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 12:14 am
VDJ can only syncronize 2 instances at one time. It will not sync the 3rd or 4th instance. This might be a software issue. I brought this up in another post and hope to see this fixed in the next update.
I use multi instances to play 24 or more samples. I can only get 24 to sync. This is great to make megamixes.
If anyone can get VDJ to sync 3 or more instances let me know, maybe I dont have something set up right.

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 4:44 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
With local IP 127.0.0.1 you can only do 2 instance of VDJ, but if you have a valid IP (like 192.168.1.21) then you could substitute the current 127.0.0.1 to the other and have multiple instance of VDJ running at the same time.

If you are not currently in a network you are not able to do this, but is you have a Network Interface Controller (network card) and you are connected to the internet by this card, then you could use these feature. If not, only connect your network card to a Hub or Network Switch and you could have your network available with a fixed IP. (192.168.1.x or 192,168.0.x were x could from 1 to 254)

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 10:01 am
ACW_DJ: I have a wireless network conection with an IP address. I sustituted the 127.0.0.1 with the other and still its not syncronizing even 2 instances. Do I need to change the port entry also? If yes, to what?

Can you help me set up this? I will apreciate your help.

Thanks

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 7:44 pm
Let me do it so I can help you step by step... hold on...

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 10:16 pm
Did you get it to work?

geposted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 2:06 pm
Not yet, I'm testing it.

geposted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 4:11 pm
is there a way to run it so the xp10's are activer on one instance and not the other?

geposted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 4:26 pm
ACW: Anything on the testing? I would like for this to work.

Thanks...

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 5:07 pm
acw...did you ever get it to work?

geposted Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 3:50 am
Raw-Bear,

My mistake... I forgot to do some changes to my setup (and the other PCs too)... :s sorry, I will start again, as soon as I can.

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 12:04 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)