Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound just Don't Stop Skipping!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everyone, I've had VDJ for a year now. For some reason I can't figure out how to get the sound to stop skipping one each track. It's not like really bad skipping but very few skips and far apart tru a single track. If anyone can give me any suggestions please let me know. I went to the forum for sound skipping in the software chat room and tried just about everything there. These are my specs:

The version of Windows you are using: XP home edition
Your computer's speed: 2.4GHz p4
The amount of RAM in your computer: 512MB
The size of your hard drive: 40 GB
The brand and model of your external sound card: SOUND BLASTER LIVE 24 BIT EXTERNAL

Please also tell us on which sound card the sound skips (internal, external or both). Both

I also forgot to mention I'm using a Maxtor external hard drive for my music which is connected to a multi usb device.

geposted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 11:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you have a "self power" on your multi usb device?

geposted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 12:20 am
well i'm not to sure but it has it's own ac adapter so I'm guessing that means, yes.

geposted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 1:00 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
jzafra,

Does your computer have the USB 2.O enable? The USB HUB is 2.0? The external Hard disk is USB 2.0? Are you using another USB devices in your computer? Are any of these devices connected in the same USB HUB that the harddisk is connected?

If you play the songs from your locale hard drive, did you have the same problem?

geposted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 5:28 pm
I have an external device which holds seven different available ports to connect USB devices. I have three devices connected to it and that device is the one which connects to my labtop. I also have my mouse connected to my labtop directly. I'm not sure exactly how to check if I have a USB 2.0 or not. When I tried to play music from my internal drive it skipped just the same. I have a pic. of my setup, how can I attach it to a message so you can see what I mean?

geposted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 7:36 am
Jzafra,

what kind of laptop do you have?

give me the brand and model and I'll find out if its USB 1.1 or 2.0

geposted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 3:08 pm
Inspiron 8500 from Dell

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 8:45 pm

It's USB 2.0 but you must be aware to put to mush devices in the same USB port, because all these devices are going to share the same 480MB/s channel. In Windows you could see your root USB devices. You must connect your harddrive in one of these "root USB" and leve him alone in that controller. Then you could use your other root USB (3 more) and use them with USB HUB or other things that don't eat to much bandwith.

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 8:54 pm
Aewsome man, I got it. No more skips. It looks like it worked. I rearranged the usb's and did what you said and it's working good. Thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 9:05 pm
;-) Glad I can help you.

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 10:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)