Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any VDJ Users in So Cal? Come see VDJ in a big club TONIGHT!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I sent this out last month but the gig is TONIGHT!. I am performing at The LOFT in Hollywood Ca. Like I said before, I know most of you have seen VDJ at huge clubs around the world, I simply haven't seen it in LA, or even clubs in Vegas. Well VDJ will be at The Loft @ Hollywood and Highland tonight. If you're around, come check it out.

http://www.owlus.com/newsletter/elevate_evite.asp

The special appearance by world famous guest DJ "Vinyl Manipulator",.. well that's me :-)

geposted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 9:11 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A little far for me..take some pics. I guess you'll have to change your name one of these days unless you go to TCV vs. TCCD hehe. Have a great set

geposted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 9:14 pm
Just wanted to give you guys an update on how the show went last night. It was *very* hectic there. We had three Djs and I went on first. Problem was, the DJ booth was actually pretty big but once you cram in three DJs with all different equipment, it got a little tight. All in one DJ booth was:

Me: (2) DZ1200, laptop, Denon DNX-100, keyboard stand, coffin, etc.

Some laptop dude: all he had was a laptop and a Denon DNX-300 mixer. He setup his entire 2 pieces on a tall cocktail table. He didnt take much space. This was their *star* DJ. He was running traktor.

The vinyl DJ: he pretty much had the best setup, since all his gear was permanently installed into the club. He had the two 1200s, Allen & Heath xone mixer, all at the right height for mixing, all with the best view of the dance floor. He walked in with a rolling case of vinyl, two cartridges and some headphones,... and I thought I was rolling light by being a laptop DJ.

My assesment of us three. I know it's hard to believe but I thought I was the best (so did the club promoter and everyone who gave me props after). The traktor guy was probably next best, although he has a very *active* mix style. Meaning you could always hear about 3 or 4 different songs being mixed together at the same time. I think he had a lot of "pre-mix" songs that he did prior to the gig. There is no way the traktor guy could layer so many songs live. The vinyl guy probably kept the floor moving the best. I estimate 95% of his records were those "white label" vinyl records that are already mixed. I can see how people might think he was the best DJ, those white label mixes are usually FLAWLESS,.. but I will still never use them. Tempting as they are.

Anyway. Just thought I'd give you an update.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 8:21 am
very nice ;)

Fun to hear dj software in action at such a gig... and glad everything went well with you and your partner VirtualDJ ;) hehe

Would be cool to see pics if u ever had time in the caos to take some ;)

geposted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 3:58 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
nice to hear about that...and also a nice to see a pcdj vs. a vinyl dj vs. a vdj w/tc setup

geposted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 4:21 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
well id love an independant test of the DJ softwares by liek IDJ or something. woulod make my day to see VDJ realised and appreciated, sure it woudnt do the bank ballance any harm ether

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 1:42 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)