Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is mixing with 3 decks supported, and how is hardwear connected?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

I want to make a purchase of these components, with the aim of using the softwear for video mixing:

1 NUO3 mixer from Eclerc
3 VirtualDJ XP10

My question is on how to connect these components togeather to achieve proper operation of the softwear,( Ive been searching for diagrams or instructions but have not been able to locate any ) and if there are any other parts I need to purchace besides the laptop. I also want to mix with 3 decks hence my listing 3 of the XP10. Does the softwear support 3 source mixing...or is there a specific skin that will...or will this be a feature that can be added ASAP from a programming perspective? If so what is that process for rolling that level of mixing out in softwear upgrades, and to achieve this control and interactivity using 3 decks or more for that matter, what type of hardwear configurations as far as the number of USB inputs etc will a laptop have to have in order to do this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.....Ive been watin for a product with this level of control for video mixing.....been researching for a while.....not much out there that works this well.....good timing, and a great alternative to DVD based video mixing!

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 6:44 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
hi,

3 decks mixing in virtualdj, is only possible when running two sessions of VDJ software. you can connect these two sessions with the network settings in VDJ.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to crossfade from one video to another between the two sessions of VDJ.

For the moment, VDJ doesn't accepet 3 decks in one skin neither in one session. This is a "new feature" request some people have already asked.

Therefore, Video Mixing with 3 decks would be very impressive (never seen it in clubs yet) BUT mixing the sound and the video with 3 decks would seem impossible to me, because when mixing only the sound you need to play alot with crossfader and faders and knobs, you wouldn't have enough hands for the video part.

geposted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 10:03 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)