Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A motorized xp10 on the way?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Previously EKS have said that a motorized xp10 is never going to happen. Today when reading their FAQ on their website, I see this:

Do you have any plans to create a motorized version (similar to the Denon S5000)?

Yes.

Hmm. I don't know about you, but I think an motorized xp10 would pretty much kick ass.

geposted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 3:37 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think they would be nice too but at what price??? a pair of xp10's is like $800...now add a motor $$$$ At that price i'd rather have denon 3500's at least you can use those by themselves or with software

geposted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 3:43 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
XP10 was overpriced from day 1 and IMO why they didn't sell so well, they are quality but I never felt they were worth the bunce so stuck with my cost-affective Hercules despite it's flaws it didn't rip me off.

A motorized XP10 sounds like an interesting idea, and probably a plan for EKS, but listen2 is right, at what cost?, if they look at charging much more than XP10 then the value factor isn't going to cut it, there are many really good CD players these days in the mid price range which could be a more tempting alternative.

For me, I'm just waiting, I don't like wasteing money, I feel my next buy will be a big one but it will be for sure on a worthy product with last ability.

geposted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 3:53 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I agree, would be wise if they keep the same price.

I' ve read that faq too, a week ago.
I'd like to see motorized fader for the pitch slider also.
A common problem with controllers and dj software when you use functions like auto beatmach..

geposted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 3:53 am
drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im about to take the plunge and buy a complete virtual dj system my musical focus will be on play back of music videos..and Im tryin to not waste time or money by buying the wrong gear...my question is which is the better playback device Xp10 or a Denon DNS3500,and which is best for scratching and can the various features on the Denon....sound effects for example.....work on the audio portion of the files being played through it?

geposted Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 5:23 am
ok anewsome you have motorized xp10s, they are called technics sldz1200s
-gauge
lol

geposted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 11:37 am
Until CD players have midi triggers built on to the buttons, the xp10s, motorized or not will always be an attractive option.

geposted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 7:48 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Unless the xp10's address the problem with "cheapish" sort of buttons I don't it would be a viable sort of investment. A motorised platter is definitely a plus however, but I don't think it would be able to compete with the likes denon quality.

geposted Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 8:59 pm
yeah, tell me about it. i've already had to repair one of my xp10 by replacing the keyboard on it.

geposted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 3:29 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJRust:

The sound effects of the Denons cannot be used while using TCV (Time Coded Vinyl)
For the best and most comprehensive control of VDJ, I would recommend the XP10's over the Denon 3500's. Of course with the Denons, you can play, scratch, mix a CD even without the computer attached, and that is a big plus.

geposted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 8:51 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
The best controller would be a pioneer MKII clone with VDJ software embedded !

geposted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 10:19 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yeah, coupled with a mixer offering the VDJ waveform display, including cue-points, etc :)

geposted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 10:22 am
Yan-X,
I agree with you. Maybe even better: 2 Pioneer cdj1000mk2 clones controlling a mixer like a Allen & Heath Xone:92. The mixer has got VDJ build in. You attach a monitor to this mixer (Maybe more video outputs for playing video?) for track selection. In this mixer you could slot in a 3.5 inch harddrive of your choice, or attach a firewire extrernal harddrive.
Yan, you could contact Pioneer or Denon. Maybe they're interested. In the last case a dn3500 clone with a x1500 mixer with VDJ build in will do also..
Ewout

geposted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 5:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)