Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cool stuff for Virtual DJ 3 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hello,
first of all i want to say that I am very drunk, i worked a party whole night, i found one chick @ party, and took at least 2 phone numbers, party was great and everything is cool.
Now I want to say that i downloaded your demo from site and your software has one minus: YOU DON'T SUPPORT 1152X864, 1280X1024 and other high-resolutions with ordinary skin, so i had to make skin for myself. So, i wasted 3 days and i maked a DEFAULT VIRTUAL DJ SKIN 1152x864, so i want to know if someone else need this skin, i will be glad to show him or send him. Or post on Virtual DJ site. I have 4 days more left to expire trial version so tell me can I post a link for a new skin or what should I do to publish skin for all others virtual DJ user?

----- by DJ Statebrigakosam

geposted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 5:28 am
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hope you were'nt drinking on the job, would'nt be setting a good example for the DJ Industry. lol

wow, resolutions higher than 1280x1024, that's impressive. Probably worth 3-5 times more than the purchase of VirtualDJ alone. With only 4 days to go i'm suprised you have not made the purchase already especially if the only minus was the resolution, which you seem to have solved.

I'm sorry to hear that 3 days is a waste of time for you to create a skin. 3 days is some what of an acheivment for some! And would be considerd to be a positive experience.

Perhaps coming back when you're a little sober will allow you explore the full potential of this site and find the areas you need.

Hope to see you come on board soon, great program is'nt it.

geposted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 6:41 am
First let me say that as a Professional in the Industry for over 20 years it is people like this that give the professionals a bad image. At my company nobody drinks on the job and nobody is there to pick up a date. You are a paid professional...act like one!

Second if you took the time to register your software and put down the drink you would see that there are skins available to licenced VDJ members in that resolutions. Buy the program and you would not have wasted three days putting together a skin that already exists on this site.

Mike

geposted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 5:04 pm
Now that's what i like to hear! A bit of assertivness,professionalism and a code of conduct.

Well said sunsetbowling.

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 1:08 am
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Nothing wrong with a drink or to while on the job, once your not getting wasted!! Helps ya relax a bit and flow a bit more.

Rory

(Soon to be owner of VDJ Pro)

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 12:43 pm
If you need alcohol, drugs or any other form of influence to relax than you shouldn't DJing, and it's the 3 & 4...5 ....7 oops i really didn't drink that much, that worries me.

Plus it doesnt look professional. Don't get me wrong, i love to have a social drink but i can manage to wait until the event is finished.

Presentation & conduct is very important.

Now that we're finished, let's go have a beer. Lol

;)

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 4:44 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had to lean over my desk to give some stupid woman who's party it was a kiss as she was leaving, my mixer didn't like getting a pint of beer spilt over it :( I was very lucky it dried out and works fine. It did shut down when it happend, but it was the end of the night so didn't matter. But whenever anyone comes over to me to ask for a request I now tend to watch what they are doing and have even took drinks off them before just incase they spill it.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 1:23 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you think a bit of drink helps your mix try a nice fat line of charlie or MDMA.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 1:43 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was Soooo tempted to leave this one alone but I could not resist.

1. The Pro version DOES allow one to download skins...

2. I have been a Professional DJ for 15 years. I do clubs, caberets, weddings, private parties, pool parties, birthday parties, cookouts, grad parties, college parties, Play with live bands, and more.
I GET MY DRINK ON... I don't get drunk and or stupid but I DO drink.

I hate to see a self rightious person who looks down on someone else. if you don't drink at your gigs, thats cool and your choice but dont tell others what they should or should not do.

I'll be damned if i'm gonna let someone tell me i'm giving the DJ community a bad name for drinking at my show. I WORK IN NIGHTCLUBS AND BARS. I DJ FOR ADULTS.
When I do a show for kids I do not drink. If the occasion is a non alcoholic function then of course I don't drink, but at a club or a bar or a caberet....HELL YEAH i'm gonna have a drink or two or three. I'M GROWN AND OVER 21. All the clubs I work in have free drinks for the DJ all night long.

Get it straight... HAVE RESPECT for others. what YOU do is YOUR business.

If you want to talk about DJ's that make it hard for the whole dj community then talk about the DJ's that undercut prices or the dj's that sellout for very low pay making it harder for the rest of us to get the money we deserve.

Think about THAT....

DJ CITY
Washington D.C.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 2:22 am
How about you look at it this way. If you have a day job, do you think your boss would appreciate you having a pint of beer or shot of wiskey at your desk. NO. The same thing applies when working as a DJ. It applies to all walks of life, drinking and working are just plain unprofessional no matter what you job is. Over the years, I have been offered many drinks and my only response is you can buy me a soda. After work is over, all bets are off.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 5:51 am
Djcity needs to lighten up abit, you're out of control. Maybe a few too much already? lol

The only disrespectful post has come from you so far.

Have a glace over to the first post in this thread and re-think you position.

cheers ;)

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 6:16 am
BTW,

Pijani Srbin translates to DRUNKEN SERBIAN

& by DJ Statebrigakosam translates to NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHO I AM

just thought it would be usefull to know.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 6:38 am
I don't see anything wrong with what DJCity said. I DO GET MY DRINK ON TOO. This doesn't mean I get drunk n out of control cause at the end of the night, i'll still need to pack my stuff up. Everybody does what they want. Everybody works differently. N for crying out loud, this is not a day job. A wedding would probably be a day JOB, BUT PLAYING IN A CLUB IS NOT A DAY JOB. C'mon.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 7:35 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I have to get in now. I'm from Serbia too, being a DJ for 11 years now, and never, never get drunk in my life!!! This "Drunken Serbian" is embarissing my country here and I don't like it! Dj From Norway and some other guys will back me up on this ;) .
Close these thread and forget about it :) ! Don't waste your precious time Virtual Dj's, help someone here who really needs help.
Greetz

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 9:15 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Struck a nerve with City, but his point is well taken.
I see nothing wrong with a drink or two in his type of surroundings if that what he wishes to do. As long as he keeps his head about him ,(which apparently he does).
I personally am with the majority and do not drink at a gig. Once it is over I might indulge in a coctail while chatting with the client.

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 4:33 pm
I also in my twenty years as a PROFESSIONAL ENTERTAINER have done clubs. My company does over 300 shows a years, but you will never see any of us drink at a show. Besides the unprofessionalism it shows the liability issue is even greater. To be a professional you need to carry insurance in most venues. If you have been drinking, even one drink, your insurance company will not cover you for your lost. I don't preach about drinking during a show. But I can tell you from the number of clients I have had over the years...that if they are looking for entertainment and see a DJ drinking while working they will not hire him for fear that he many drink during their show. Keep in mind that even if you only had one drink the perception that you could have been drinking all night is always there. I don't even like people who come up for request and then leave there drink at my booth by accident. I will imediatly remove it from my table. Remember, people are paying good money for your service to entertain them, not to drink!

Mike

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 5:14 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey all....

Let me make it clear what I mean....

First of all, I am NOT angry and I DO respect other peoples opinions.

If you don't drink at your shows thats cool. if you do drink, that's cool too. It's a matter of prefrence and it also depends on the venue itself and maybe your location (state or country) or your culture.

I work in venues that ALLOW the DJ to drink if he or she wants to. Like I said, I work in Nightclubs, Bars, Stripjoints and the like.

I am a Professional. I am NEVER late for a show, I do a DAMN good job, I drink but NEVER get drunk. I GET PAID, and then I do it all over again the next week.

If YOU choose not to drink and not to meet women at your shows...then that's YOUR choice and more power to ya but DON'T put the next person down because he does not share your work ethics. his venue may be different than yours. His enviroment may be different than yours. His crowd may be different than yours. His culture may be different than yours. He may be different than you.

Respect the next man and be happy for ANYONE out there making money on his own steam.

If I have offended anyone, you have my apologies. It is not my intention to offend. it is my intention to defend DJ's who make an honest living weather you drink at a show or not. My point is.....Don't call someone unprofessional because they do not do what YOU do or they do it differently.

Respect

DJ CITY

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 9:53 pm
Wow this is way off topic. Isn't this supposed to be aboutn cool stuff for Virtual DJ 3? is Virtual DJ adding a beer tab to my PC so I can get free booze while on the job? lol

come on guys. Some DJs drink some DJs don't. I don't drink while working but I do have friends that do and it helps relax them a bit but the DJs that get drunk and can barely stand up sure look bad hehe.

Anyhow lets keep this topic right guys (and girls) this new user was just mad that he couldn't find the skins page. They are free to anyone who actually logs in although I must say that some skins are for pro users only so you must be registered as a pro user in order to download these.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 10:24 pm
i don't drink when I work usually, because I tend to think I'm a better DJ than I really am when I drink.

But always remember if you're driving home - don 't forget your Car. (stupid joke that a guitarist I used to work with used to make every night 4 nights a week.)

Andy

geposted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 12:31 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
lol@ this drinking topic.

drugs and alcohol are part of the entertainment industry. some of the greatest songs have been made or written under the influence.

i dont encourage drinking but i will admit alcohol is a performance enhancing drug even during gigs. sometimes ive done some crazy sh1t when tipsy.
if u cant handle booze thats cool. dont do it. famous radio personalities have been known to drink on air.

when im sober at a gig drunks just seem to irritate me. when i join them i dont notice them being annoying. lol
the ppl come there for entertainment. some ppl become more entertaining when drinking.

bar owners usually give djs free drinks. my tab used to be unlimited. and the owner knew i gave certain ppl drinks and he didnt mind. so long as they were females.

if a dj can do gigs without alcohol and drugs that fine. i dont do any [illegal] drugs. i would be skeptic if a dj is a newbie drinking. then again alcohol might help them relax. i wouldnt worry about it if someone's being djing out there for 2+ yrs.

i think a dj is allowed to mess up only 1 gig alcohol related. from then on they must know their limit and never go beyond it.

geposted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 1:36 am
53%