Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Normalizing tracks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can VDJ or a (highly recommened software) normalize the tracks of a folder so as to have some form of consistency in the decibel level of songs. I hate when I'm making a mix CD or playing @ a party and her the songs are fluctuating...eeerrrrrrrrr

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:36 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
MP3 gain.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:41 pm
Try cfg>FAME Settings>Auto Gain>always match. See if that helps. I just read an article in some computer magazine, and it says those programs alter the mp3's quality. I guess if you have high quality mp3's this may not matter that much.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:49 pm
AbraxasHome userMember since 2006
Mp3 Gain does nothing that will alter the quality of you mp3'sw.. it simply analizes then and adjusts the volume info in the ID3 tags.. and yes it works, but you have to play around and find what db level works for all your tracks..

geposted Sat 20 May 06 @ 8:05 am
Keep in mind that if you set the VDJ setting "Always match" to set your first song around -3dB to get some better sound quality than setting it above this level (-1, 0, +1...)
Ewout

geposted Sat 20 May 06 @ 10:35 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The most convenient way to match your levels is with Auto Gain on and setting the first track to -3 to -5, in this instance you rarely need to adjust the levels manually at the mixer (as Superstorm said).

The way to match your levels with the best sound quality is to leave Auto Gain off, let each song take it's default Gain value (displayed in VDJ), and adjust the gain manually at the mixer.

I personally prefer not to use normalizing software, better to keep it pure and simple imo.

geposted Sat 20 May 06 @ 3:07 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Bagpuss, which normalizing software do you use?

geposted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 1:43 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I tried using MP3Gain, but after the adjustment is made, tracks are still not the same volume. It is very noticable that one track is still louder then the other, and Virtual DJ detects gain levels on both tracks as different, eventhough they were both normalized by MP3Gain.
I realize that the best option is to use gain controls on the hardware mixer, but a lot of mixers don't have UV meters and are hard to work with in a loud club environment.

geposted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 2:17 am
@abnorm. For mp3gain to work good, you have to disable auto gain in VDJ. It works perfect for me, I hardly ever touch the gain on my mixer. It works fine for me. KillBill

geposted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 10:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)