Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where do you get your MPEG/VOB Videos?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey Everyone,

I tried ripping my Promo Only DVD's to MPEG and VOB but have been very disappointed with the quality. Has anyone been able to purchase Videos already in this format, and if so, Is the quality better than doing it yourself?

Thanks!

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 7:32 am
There are quite some posts about ripping Promo only. Please search the forum on Promo only, to find those threads.
Keep in mind that VDJ does not support 48kHz audio in 3.4 well. You should probably reencode the audio from 48kHz to 44kHz. The support for 48kHz audio could me improved in the upcomming v4.
Ewout

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 1:44 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Promo only's are headaches to rip

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 6:26 pm
Try here. I also use PromoOnly, and don't have any problems.

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:38 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Thanks for the link. Could never have too much videos

geposted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:16 pm
I also use Promo Only. No visual problems. I get around the audio issues with 48khz. (And I don't re-encode to do it. That is just crazy.)

geposted Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 1:10 am
@djderricke - how do you get around the 48khz audio problem without re-encoding. I have ripped my PromoOnly DVDs but I think the 48khz audio is causing problems. How are you guys using videos ripped from DVD with 48khz audio.

geposted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 7:34 pm
there's an excellent program in which you can change audio format without affecting video quality you can change from 48 to 44khz and it's very easy to use, check it out.
http://www.womble.com/

geposted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:11 pm
@anewsome,

I use an external codec and set Virtual DJ to use that instead. The only problems I have are when I load another video, if it stutters the video output, I lose sync with the audio and video. (So I usually wait until the very last second to load the next video in. I only have the last five months of Promo Only in VOB format, the rest I re-encodeded and hated every minute of it. :)

geposted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 11:07 pm
@djderricke

what external codec are you using? wmp codec?, if so could you tell me why whe I load the videos it takes more time than the internal codec?

geposted Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 7:07 pm
I use the codecs that are in the K-lite codec pack. the reason the videos will take longer to load is because the loading is no longer completely internal to VDJ. The decoding process is being handled by your external codec which is then passed to VDJ. Depending on your machine that will slow things down a little bit.

geposted Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 9:12 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
For the Promos, I have ripped and encoded them all to DivX... it took some work.

First, I used DVD Decrypter to rip by chapter, then I wrote a Perl program to tag the files with information from Promo Only's spreadsheets available on the internet. My program can merge the intros with the main video if you want (but I usually don't do that).

I use Dr. Divx 2 to encode the videos... a few problems, but if you learn how to use Dr. Divx 2, it's a pretty easy automatic process, and you can just let it run overnights.

If anyone would like my perl script, just PM me.

BTW, I own nearly all the Promo DVDs except for a handful of the Country Video, and some Hot Video from April 2001 to August 2001. If anyone has got these, I'd love to talk about a buy or trade kind of scenario....

For that matter, I was thinking about setting up some kind of a community for people interested in buying, selling, or trading music videos and MV-DVDs... who might be interested in something like this?

geposted Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 7:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)