Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Suggestions for the (excellent) Vinyl Scratch skin

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I think there are many of us who where more than glad when DeeJay Ken released the first non-ugly skin for VDJ. It has really made me like working with VDJ a lot more. Before I was a tiny-bit embarrased when taking it out to play, because of the look - thats all history now. It´s also a big up that all the usless crap (mixer etc) have been remove, making more room for the file browser (which still sucks compared to a windows explorer, but hey - that´s not Ken´s fault (-:). I sill use windows for dragging tunes into VDJ, so for me, the optimal solution would be the Virtal Scratch without the file pane in the bottom, enabling the windows folder to be present at the surface all the time. But I think I´m pretty much on my own with this issue, so that´s not a suggestion for Ken.

But there´s allways room for general improvements, so here is what I would love to see in an update of the Vinyl Scratch skin:

The time-bar. It´s SO very very small and almost impossible to hit on my 1680 x 1050 Inspiron. Why is it not three times as big and placed above or below the big wheel - which isn´t even used for anything but eye-candy and the nice, big timecode? I know I can see where I am in the track by looking at the numbers, but we all know how slow that is compared to a graphic overview. It´s still one of the points where virtual DJ software has a clear drawback compared to real vinyl. It´s so increadibly fast to orientate oneself by just having to look on the surface of the record and see how far it runs. A bigger, better time-bar would not bring VDJ to that same level of niceness, but it would bring it much closer.

Higher resolution. I have a 15" widescreen with 1680 x 1050 resolution on my lappy and more and more users will start having so. Since the lowest res for 17" is 1440 x 900, that could be the resolution, enabling high-res 15" owners and lo-res 17" owners to enjoy the same skin, meaning less work for Ken (-: - ofcourse I will NOT complaint about a 1680 x 1050 skin.

Again: Thanks A LOT for the skin Ken. I really do appreciate it. Love you longtime (-;

geposted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 1:43 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure about your browser issue and resolution size but i think i'll have an answer that you might like.

geposted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 2:57 pm
Vinyl Scratch is a remake of the SSL skin (competitor software).

As far as I know, SSL asked for it to be removed...

But I am working on two scratch skins that have a lot of what you like in the "SSL" skin, and ask for.
And Listen2 has a nice one comming too ;)

geposted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 1:01 am
Please keep me posted guys! I´m really startled that there´s not a single decent high-res skin yet. I mean; Plueeease! 1024 is SO pre-millenium (-:

[OT]Have one of you experienced problems with targeting the very first seconds of a track with TCVs? Sometimes I have to drag the pickup back and forth on the TCV to hit the start of a track. Very annoying when doing fast mixing.

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 3:44 am
I'm working on a 1680x1050 - nearly done :)

geposted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 4:44 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
keep in mind that having a skin that covers the entire resolution is going to make drag-and-drop with explorer a whole lot harder. maybe make the borswer section a panel that you can toggle on and off to give you extra space to work with

geposted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 5:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)