Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DMX Controller ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anyone that knows about DMX can you help ?

I've had my Abstract Twister 2 Lights as long as I have been Djing, they are still working great (I've got 4 in total). However I've only ever connected them together. I've been wanting to try a DMX controller, but have never used one so don't know where to start or what to look for what it would do or if it would work with the twisters?

I know the lights have a strobe mode. Ideally I'd like a controller to be able to turn that on when required. Also beeing able to turn down the speed at which the lights spin round for slow dances etc would be great. Any suggestions ?
Cheers.

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
http://www.djkit.co.uk/acatalog/DMX_Controllers.html
these should do it for you :)

DMX Strobe Master.
8-channel DMX strobe controller, controlling 4 fixtures with speed and dimmer control.
Auto chase or sound activated pre-programmed show in 7 different modes, providing various effects.
Stand By and Full On Functions.
User friendly control panel with detailed information for easy
operation.

Power input: AC 9V 1.1A max (AC/AC Adapter)
DMX Output: 3 pin female XLR
Size: 19 inch x 5.25 inch x 3 inch
Weight: 2.6kgs

or ...

with sound to light system

Acme DMX Master
Universal DMX512 controller operates up to 12 lights, 30 banks of 8 scenes for a total of 240 scenes. 6 chases each up to 240 scenes. 8 faders adust DMX output level, 2 faders control chase speed and fade time. MIDI compatible. Built-in mic. Blackout. 3-pin XLR output. The DMX Master is a truly affordable universal DMX 512 controller.
Joystick Control
* Controls 12 individual fixtures with up to 16 channels each
* 30 banks of 8 programmable chasers for a total of 240 scenes
* 6 programmable chasers with fade time and speed adjustments
* MIDI controllable
* Sound activated

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:45 am

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:31 am
yes you should be able to use that :)

very nice controler :)

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:35 am
Right. Better go shopping....
What about DMX from the PC ? Is it any better? Or am I better off with a controller ?

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:37 am
you can get a das light or sunlight dmx box from here

http://www.nicolaudie.com/main.php?id_page=4

they offer enchanced computer control and it detects what types of light they are and what funtions they can proform automaticaly

you can map the room they are in and control them in a 3d similation

tis good but ul need to get a dmx hub aslo as it only has one imput you can get it from that site aslo

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:43 am
I had better go and have a think about this then before I spend my cash.

On one hand I don't want a controller taking up more space, but on the other wouldn't a hands-on controller be easier to use and make it do what you want, when you want rather than fiddling around with the PC. Also If Virtual Dj is also running on the PC how does it perform?

What do you suggest?

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:48 am
the two might drain your pc power so u might need 2 laptops to use it ,

the controler might be the best bet

does any one else have any thoughts on this?

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:07 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Raising hand and yelling ME ME OH PICK ME! lol

I just got my feet wet with dmx on the pc, its got a learning curve but I survived it.
This is currently freeware but donations are accepted and I advise it (developers need to eat too)
http://www.freestylerdmx.be/

It supports a variety of dongles and one can be had as cheaply as $60 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Enttec-Open-DMX-USB-Interface-PC-Based-512CH-70303_W0QQitemZ170042906802QQihZ007QQcategoryZ29942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As far as multi tasking goes, there is very little load with this application.

I hope to run this behind vdj in a sequencing mode for scenes I build and sound active also.
The sound active mode makes the stand alone sound active mode look like its standing still.

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 12:10 pm
thats ace !

nice one if i had any money id get one lol

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:28 pm
Rick I am seriously looking into doing this, however after downloading none of the fixtures I have are in their library for example 1. Mighty Scan 2. Elation Design Spot 250 3. Arc Beam. Is it easy to create your fixtures??

geposted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:39 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If you get the dmx assignment page from the user guide it is pretty easy.
Takes some time, but not that hard.
Most guides are available in pdf on the manufacturer website.

Also look in other locations in the library, by both the manufacturer and the light itself.
If not with the dmx assignments you can open Fixture Creator, fill in the model info, pick a type gif-scan, moving head, strobe, par 64 etc. assign your channels to color wheels, gobo wheels, light perameters, pan and tilt etc... and get pretty close to perfect by finding the right color and gobos on the left column.

Sure beats what Martin and the others want for dmx.

geposted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 12:03 pm
Yeah I am gonna buy a USB to DMX thingy to start and just try it with my 2 Design Spots to get used to it, then I will add my 8 Mighty Scans, 5 Arc Beams, 3 Tempests. I have a but load of Spin and Pukes but they are all on Dimmer PAcks I wonder if those as well can be controlled by this software. I know we have over 50 lights in the building and 4 foggers.

geposted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 11:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)