Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What are the known problems with tcv & 4.1

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been with vdj since 3.0 & I continously have no success on any comp i own. I always get skips, dropouts, & unstable behavior. I really like the features of the vdj ,but i may have to move to serato for stability. The fact that I've purchased the program & the maya 44 & have been patient for all the updates doesn't help the cause. I am on my to purchase a intel based mac. I will then try the new mac version of vdj. If that doesn't work, see you guys later. I've been as loyal as possible. I still remained optimistic & loyal even when the program crashed in front of 5000 people @ a concert. All of my vdj bragging was thrown in my face by the serato jocks, as their sets went perfect. Everyone agrees vdj has better features than serato, but the stability is the primary issue. my pc surpasses the specs.

gateway 2.9ghz 1 gig ram 250 external hd

I'm tired of being limited on my sets, i hope the mac version doesn't disappoint me, or serato here i come

dj allstyle a loyal vdj user

geposted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 9:54 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
does the maya44 have its own power source?

what do you have on the pc? anti virus, or anything else running in the background?

Have disabled everything except usb ports?

I am sure you tried a ton of things but any suggestion towards you could help. Have a chance to try a different soundcard? Maybe you have a irq conflict. For the most part VDJ is very stable and you should not be having those issues. tell us what you have tried already.

geposted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 10:08 pm
listen2 wrote :

what do you have on the pc? anti virus, or anything else running in the background?

I am sure you tried a ton of things but any suggestion towards you could help. Have a chance to try a different soundcard? Maybe you have a irq conflict. For the most part VDJ is very stable and you should not be having those issues. tell us what you have tried already.

the maya is usb bus powered only. it doesn't take an external power source.

i think some of the frustration of these type of users is they take the exact same PC, no changes and run serato on it without changing a single thing, flawless and stable. that'll frustrate any vdj user. part of the issue is there is no "vdj box" like the serato system has - that single piece makes it a lot more trouble free.

we're still a few weeks away from having a vdj box like the serato box. i can't wait to see how it works.

geposted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:58 pm
[anewsome]
i think some of the frustration of these type of users is they take the exact same PC, no changes and run serato on it without changing a single thing, flawless and stable. that'll frustrate any vdj user. part of the issue is there is no "vdj box" like the serato system has - that single piece makes it a lot more trouble free.

You are a 100% correct anewsome, I currently have a friends serato installed & i tried it at home & at the club absolutely no stability issues for hours. However i must purchase my own to continue. I love vdj's features & potential i.e. video,effects,support.etc. but im a extremely busy dj & i don't have time to come up lame. I will hang on until after the holidays before i make my final choice. Hopefully as you mentioned vdj will have its own interface soundcard. If do you know the cost & how long before the mac version? I just got home the mac store, just got the macbook pro 15inch 2.16ghz intel core duo 120 gb hd. I must leave you now to play with my new friend. I'm hoping for the best!!!

geposted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 3:36 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
anewsome wrote :
listen2 wrote :

the maya is usb bus powered only. it doesn't take an external power source.

we're still a few weeks away from having a vdj box like the serato box. i can't wait to see how it works.

does the sl1 box has its own power? if you had to you can run the maya44 on a usb powered hub which i know some users have had to do and it solves some performance/stability problems.

geposted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 11:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)