Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cyder need your opinion

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I acquired a computer that as of now is running AMD Athlon 64 3400+ with 1024 mb Ram. I want to update and this is what I am thinking, what is your opinion as I can't get VDJ to run on this system currently

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2717608&Sku=MBM-A8N5X-4000

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2571836&Sku=A177-3146

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1071020&Sku=ULT31664

As of right now I returned an ATI X1650 video card that is AGP for this motherboard as I couldn't get VDJ to run so this is my wishlist to buy and build a better system. Please let me know your thoughts.

Brian

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for some tips on what to buy

have a look in my blog for some things to look out for :)

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:00 pm

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:36 pm
Ok Sky but this doesn't answer my questions. I have a feeling it will be a great system especially with 2 gig memory and a kick ass graphics card, but I am new to AMD always used Intel so I am just getting this straight before I purchase. I already have a 500 w power supply. It is an Ultra Xconnect. This case is freakin huge as it was built as a gamer PC about 3 years ago and I traded a Sony VAIO laptop that wont do VDJ for this beast.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 12:30 am
OR should I keep what I have in there and just get more memory, graphics card and a new OS??

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 12:32 am
Why don't you just leave the basic sys alone and try a PCI vid card instead of a AGP?

the sys you have there uses a better prcessor than I have (sempron 3200) and VDJ works fine on my little sys.

more ram never hurts anything - just make sure it's the ram suited for your motherboard.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:36 am
You mean a basic PCI card. They are garbage. I have just AGP and standard PCI. I want to upgrade this thing anyways so what I picked is socket 939 and can be upgraded in the future. That is why I want to upgrade from Socket 754 to 939.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:24 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Brian,

Are you playing vob files on the system or some other format?

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:16 pm
I am playing VOB. My buddy gave me this system and currently it isnt in use so I have time. I bought the MOBO above as he said it can be easily upgraded with a different CPU down the road. I am in no hurry to build this thing, but I am sure it will scream when I am done. I see you are (were) using about the same as my original setup. Athlon 64 3400. Now I could have upgraded the RAM and Video card, but I wanted to get the 939 so I wasn't wasting money as the 754 is AGP and the 939 is PCI Express. I hope I didn't make a mistake but I got the MOBO + CPU for $179.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 9:08 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
yes I just upped mine to a 4000+ becuase the processors are so cheap now 95 bucks for a 4000+ is awesome. I still have the 939 which I figure if you can still get parts for socket A then the 939 socket will be around for a long long time. Yes looks good to me.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 9:46 pm
Sweet thanks for takin the time to chime in! I am excited to take VDJ to the next level. My only other thing I need to change is the fact that this thing is a freakin mega tower it is huge. I might take it down to a mid tower.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 11:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)