Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV Improvement Request

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

micha3lHome userMember since 2006
I just wish that VirtualDJ could perform quick scratches just like with Serato. If they could implement that in the next update, I am 100% sure that Serato addicts would switch to VDJ.

The sad thing right now is that I got everything to work 100% with all the right settings but the performance sucks. Slow Latency even under 64(1ms). Scratch Quality is poor. VDJ loses Track and sometimes skips (no point of using a marker).

My Laptop:
Intel Celeron M 1.5Ghz
512MB DDR RAM
80GB 7200rpm HDD

My setup:
2 x Numark TT-500
2 x VDJ TCV (2nd Gen)
1 x Behringer DJX-700
1 X ESI U46DJ with latest drivers (1.0.18)

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 10:16 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The recommended configuration is:

* PIV 3 GhZ computer
* 1024x768 SVGA video
* 4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
* 1024 MB RAM
* 200 MB free on the hard-drive

ASIO likes to eat your CPU....

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:52 pm
@micha3l - VDJ really requires a computer with a lot of horsepower. You really can't compare it to Serato on that level. The two programs are on opposite ends of the earth in that regard. VDJ is a full featured program and all those features require horsepower. A Celeron 1.5Ghz with 512MB of ram ain't gonna get er done.

Honestly though, your system is probably pretty close to borderline. I think once they fix some of the tcv annoyances (like tracking timecode in both directions), you'd be happy running VDJ on your Celeron laptop. But in the meantime, you really shouldn't come in and complain about performance related issues on a laptop that is borderline as far as performance capability.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 4:44 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think the easiest thing you can try is add another 512 or 1gb of ram.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 5:13 pm
listen2 wrote :
i think the easiest thing you can try is add another 512 or 1gb of ram.

i'll agree with that. there is a huge amount of difference between 512 and 1GB with VDJ. most people here will tell you that 512MB is defintely not enough, especially if you're an excellent system tweaker and know how to clean up your laptop to run only the bare minimum of OS and related software.

also remember, i had constant problems mixing video until i went into the bios and disabled EVERYTHING except USB. that is,.. disable on board sound, bluetooth, wireless 802.11, firwire, pcmcia card (or express card), ethernet, etc. system ran so much smoother after that.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 10:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)