Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Actual Windows Genuine Thread - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

skyfxl wrote :
but sadly i cannot afford a mac , snif snif

There comes a point where people start realizing that "supposedly" [reports have shown for years that a "comparably" equipped windows pc costs more than a Mac and still has an expected 1/3rd lifespan of a Mac] saving one or two hundred dollars on a plagued windows computer that is going to last you on average 2 years, isn't as important as buying a Mac that's going to last you on average 2-3x longer [4-6 years] and work reliably and securely the majority of the time.

The initial "savings" that you get with a windows computer is non-existant in the long run. Add up your ant-virus/system maintenance/system recovery software costs with the 3rd party software that most people buy that already come standard on a Mac (iLife), and then place a value on your lost time and files [documents, music, photos, movies, etc.] for different purposes [home, work, school, etc.[, and guess how much money and time you saved buying a windows pc over a Mac?

None.

www.apple.com/getamac

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 1:20 pm
I dont know what people do to there pc's to cause all the problems I read about. Everything that goes wrong is caused by the "user" in my opinion..... (or poor quality hardware/software) I never have troubles with my pc's or there life span a mac probaly last 3 times longer because it never gets turned ON !!!

:-)

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 2:08 pm
brickrjc wrote :
I dont know what people do to there pc's to cause all the problems I read about. Everything that goes wrong is caused by the "user" in my opinion..... (or poor quality hardware/software) I never have troubles with my pc's or there life span a mac probaly last 3 times longer because it never gets turned ON !!!

:-)

400,000 new Macs were turned on by windows "switchers" [windows to Mac converts] in 2005. Over 800,000 have been turned on by windows switchers in '06 , and that's before the holiday buying season. 300,000 MacBooks sold just in November, more than 50% of those to switchers. 1.6 million Macs sold in Q3 [July, August, September], 1 million of those were Mac notebooks and over 400,000 of the total 1.6 million [25%+] were sold to windows switchers.

Along with the HUGELY popular and HEAVILY trafficked [50%+ are switchers] 30-40 INTERNATIONAL Apple Stores opening annually - http://www.apple.com/retail/ , over 250+ existing Apple Shops in CompUSA across ther U.S., MAJOR US technology retailers like Best Buy and Circuit City are quickly adding dedicted Apple Shops in their stores to meet the undeniable, very visible, and profitable switcher demand. - http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2230

Unprecedented AAPL stock share gains based in large part on this irreversible switcher movement [vista will just make the microsoft "empire" crumble even quicker and help our empire build that much quicker... THANKS miCrapsoft!] - http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2262

The Mac community has ongoing "no downtime or restart" contests that run for months to shove in the face of the ever needy, antiquated, flawed, insecure, reigistry and bios based windows user communities who are constantly re-booting for one reason or another.

That reason is windows.

It's not the end users fault that they are constantly bombarded with ABORT, RETRY, IGNORE, or END NOW buttons that don't ABORT, RETRY, IGNORE, or END anything.

It's not the end users fault that un-installing programs leaves .dll files [and WAY too many other issues like poor system resource management aka OS HOG for me to even BEGIN to mention here] in the 1980's registry structure and causes ridiculously long start-up and shutdown times [assuming that windows actually does ever start-up or shutdown], system performance degredation to the point that constant defragmentation and optimization, re-formats, re-installs, and all that other "fun" windowsy stuff needs to take place.

Brickrjc - I now know why you have the word brick in your name. I value your opinion, no matter how uninsightful it may be, but you should probably put more stock in facts like the ones that are making heads turn in the technology sector worldwide. ;)

"I am not resposible for other peoples' lack of foresight, much less their ignorance". - Me

- ConQuest

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 6:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i agree with u but sadly as a student i dont have enough gona try and get a refurb one

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 8:32 pm
BRICKRJC -

I haven't read any responses on here since my last post, but I just waned to come back on this thread and APOLOGIGIZE for having personally attacked you.

It was late and I was grouchy. =P

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 12:59 am
skyfxl wrote :
i agree with u but sadly as a student i dont have enough gona try and get a refurb one

Oh, don't get me wrong sky, if you can't, you can't.

Jut don't fall into the same vicious cycle of being a little short for Mac and going for a cheaper windows computer instead because it's not worth it.

It looks like you already know that though. =)

Good luck on the re-furb, they're fine too. The good thing is that since the average Mac has an expected lifespan of 4-6 years, it's actually worth something [50% or more] of it's original selling price after 3+ years.

windows pc's are worthless after a year because they're only expected to last 2.

Anyone think I'm lying? Check eBay and see how much you can get for a 2 year old windows pc compared to a 2 year old Mac. ;)

You'll pay a little bit more for Apple Mac quality, but get a lot more quality for a lot longer time.

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 1:09 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
oh dear..... whos gone and woken up conquest?

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 4:12 pm
hehe

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 4:15 pm
lol I take a break and the war is still here, welcome back ConQuest

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 10:20 am
well that was interesting reading !!! thanks for the stats.

EACH TO THERE OWN !

Im a lucky PC user I guess ! this machine im using now, that I built myself is nearly 4 years old, HAS NOT MISSED A BEAT ! <(no pun intened) its on all day every day other one I have same but 5 years old................

OH yea BRICKRJC is my DAD's NAME ATOMIX wont let me change IT :-( they call him that because when goes PARACHUTING he is always first one on the ground !

C you didnt know why it was there ConQuest :-)

dont get me wrong I dont want to %$#* BILL GATES" its just AN OPINION"

Cheers PEOPLE's

ChrisB

geposted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 2:53 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
maybe somewhere out there somebody's writing an OS for media only for professionals.

Actually, there was one and they called it BeOS. It went the way of the Dinosaur though.

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:27 pm
what a classic that was :)

geposted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)