Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Actual Windows Genuine Thread - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I am tired of all the little errors that go along with using non genuine copies of XP. It's no problem for your personal machine, but when you are about to go to a gig and you are getting errors, it's not worth the stress. I think I'd like to get a genuine copy of windows XP.

My initial thought is to get the cheapest XP home version available online. Would anyone suggest not getting the cheapest version available? Is there a version that is more recommended for audio and video use?

Thanks guys

geposted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 11:39 pm
I bought my copy of XP pro for about 170.00 CDN. It's a genuine copy.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:08 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
when did you install the xp updates? when i dont want something installed or it's not functioning properly i just do a system restore and all is good again ;)

at this point if your pc can handle vista you might as well get that or xp might be on sale come jan.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:19 am
I think I'll wait a few months to work with Visat. I want to be sure all the bugs are worked out before I start working with it professtionally. XP is currently reliable after all the updates over the years, so I'll stick with that until im confident in Vista.

Is XP pro nesessary? I'm pretty sure XP home will do everything that is necessary. I think pro just has better network options. That is not really necessary for a media box.

Anyone agree/disagree?

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 9:20 am
Vista also has built-in DRM, which might create a problem... :\ I think i'm going to wait untill someone cracked DRM out, then buy a legal copy, install the cracked version and use the legal serial. Nothing illegal about that.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 11:01 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It is illegal to hold a copy of windows in which source code has been changed btw...

How can you live without genuine windows anyway? like updates and stuff, as well as defender ect? I would freak knowing my pc is not safe.

Vista has DRM? this doesnt mean it affects mp3's right?

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
because my friend

u can get them any ways if

u fail the validation purposefuly

then go to internet addons and dissable "live validation check "

same affect as passing the validation

ps i have a valid copy now ;)

aslo windows defender is terrible it deletes other files to like music and video files ;)

and programs is suspects are not quite above the bar / reports them

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:27 pm

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:32 pm
my word, the things people will do to get around legal software :D

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:34 pm
Microsoft is not allowed to do that anyway, its agaisnt the Microsoft Anti-Trust agreement.

I been using Defender since the original Anti-spyware was made. I have never lost a video or music file, and it has kept my pc clean on a number of occasions. As for reporting programs, I would like to see Microsft rock up at my door anytime soon all the way in south africa lol :D

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:38 pm
belive me lol

because they have a trust agreement means nothing to these people

its sent under SPYNET

outgoing data

as "anominous statistics"

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:36 pm
Niems wrote :
my word, the things people will do to get around legal software :D

uc microsoft are evil and dont care about u ;)

atomix is a friendly company with a great comunity of kind users

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:37 pm
eithway we are now all going to be kidnapped by ms and mentaly reprogramed lol

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:38 pm
Hmm, how about VDJ drop what they doing, and create their own operating system!!

Should be a simple setup, maybe have it done in 5 years :D

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 3:58 pm
that would be an os id actualy buy ;)

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:09 pm
maybe somewhere out there somebody's writing an OS for media only for professionals.

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 7:50 pm
they call it os X

geposted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 10:04 pm
skyfxl wrote :
they call it os X

Damn right. =)

Mac OS X spanks windows for being the evil, cheap knock off, unstable and insecure microsoftian monster that it is.

vista is just putting make-up on that monster. Not actually making it better, just making you think that it is by trying to make it look better..

Just telling it like it is folks. =D

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 1:50 pm
but sadly i cannot afford a mac , snif snif

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 6:31 pm
63%