Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP URGENT BIT RATE CONVERTER NEEDED

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, sorry been ao scarce and have no time to chat and catch up right now!

have a huge problem! i need a converter that will be able to convert MP3's @ 320kbs to MP3's @ 196kbs urgently ! as i have recieved a huge amount of mp3's but all at 320 and i dont have the hard drive space needed and have my first full time friday night residency at a club tonight !!!!!

thanks guys!! love your work

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 10:28 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Google for dBpowerAMP

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 11:13 am

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 1:06 pm
I'd Not screw with anything until tomorrow.....

You obviously have them on something right now, if you "received" them, why take a chance on having no music tonight? I'm just leery about doing any sort of conversion at the last minute...

last time I did that with pcdj a couple years back, I ended up with a folder full of unplayable files.... don't know why, don't care, all I know is I was screwed...

That's where I learned my lesson about backup, and keeping multiple copies...

you can get a 500 gb drive for $129.00 at frys right now... I'd take your first night's earnings and get a nice big hard drive... I'd rather have 320 anyway... sounds 100% better than 196...

you won't notice until you do a side by side comparison, but with storage being so cheap now, why settle for anything but top quality?

-Steve

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 4:43 pm
I'm with steve on this, if you're gonna be a resident, sure you have something else to play. You can do all this later. You don't wanna screw up on your first day. Not wise at all.

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 5:27 pm
I would not recommend re-encoding mp3s at all. Re-rip them from the CDs and encode them to the bitrate you need. Re-encoding will lower the sound quality, very noticably.

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 7:33 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
just buy a bigger hard drive as suggested, and just think...they could be WAVs :)

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 10:54 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just saw a sale on a My Book 500 gig for mega cheap. It was either newegg or circuit city.

geposted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 10:55 pm
Buy yourself a new hard drive. They're pretty cheep and the the punters will respect you for not reducing the quality of the tunes you'll be playing!!!

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 2:42 am
Put it this way: @320kps MP3s, they're the best quality you can get, apart fromm CDs. It's a shame Virtual DJ doesn't mix WMA's correctly, as it's the better option, in my case

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 2:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wma loose a lot of umph as they have areas of sound removed from the wavform to save space

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 9:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)