Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: ATT: Format... (KJ)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Format,

Any update on the KJ miniplayer with file directory at the bottom. The add on to the world's best VMIX 5.2? I know you are busy making other great ones and this is just a little side project.

I also have a very simple request for an improvement to the VMIX 5.2 skin.

At the very top where the person chooses the audio effect (left side) or video effect from the drop down arrow, or on the other side where the DJ chooses the video transtion or audio efect (right side); here is my request.

You are using drop down arrows to have the DJ choose which effect, but it is quiet confusing as to whihc arrow because on the LEFT side the drop down arrow is to the left of the effect, and the right side the drop down arrow is to the right of the effect. In some case there is 1 arrow on each side, making it real confusing during the night.

Is there anyway to keep it consistent (ex. drop down arrow on the left of all the effects). Especially the ones near the center are very difficult to tell which arrow is for the drop down or controlling the otpions in the center.

Hope this makes sense.

Lovely in all other ways!!!

Thanks for KJ and possibly easy fix.

B

geposted Sat 24 Mar 07 @ 4:22 pm
At present the KJ skin 'plugin' is at a very basic stage, mostly the graphical work needs to be finished before any heavy scripting is started. The screenshot posted is an early base graphic posted to inspire feedback.

Mykel

geposted Sat 24 Mar 07 @ 7:37 pm
Thanks Mykel,

Here is some early feedback for my personal (sampler) KJ use..

I just need a simple player with a pitch slider, studder/play button and ideally the most amount of space possible to see sample files. I need no effects buttons and all that other stuff.

I believe your "basic stage" would allow me to see about 8 sound files and maybe 8 more on the right list.

Looks great!!!!

I think I know the answer to this next questionMykel, but there is there any possible way to have the KJ have something called HOTKEYS? My denon minidisc player whch I use as a sampler has 5 hotkeys. These store up to 5 tracks (samples), to play whenever you want. So you could always hit 1,2,3,4, or 5 or use the regular play buton to play a selcted track.

Thanks for the response,

B

geposted Sat 24 Mar 07 @ 11:16 pm
Barry,

In simple answer to your question, I don't think we can assign tracks to keyboard shortcuts in that manner.

What you can do is have the loop sampler record up to 12 (or 24 if you use both instances!) of your favourite samples and simply use the F-key shortcut to activate these samples.

If you like you can save the set in the 2nd instance and load them into the first instance as a fail safe so whichever instance is the active one, you always have the same sample assigned to the appropriate F-key.

I think that is about the closest we can get to matching the feature of your minidisc player.

Mykel

geposted Sun 25 Mar 07 @ 12:08 am
Thanks Mykel- that probabably is the closest- unfortunately my minidisc has pitch so those samples I load in can be adjusted on beat with pitch while the sampler in VDJ can't.

That is why I will use VDJ when ready- except I'll have to access 1 at a time.

Thanks for the great answer though.

Enjoy the weekend.

B

geposted Sun 25 Mar 07 @ 12:57 am
Well, the plan is that the KJ plugin will still have 2 switchable decks, or there is the miniplayer version with 2 basic decks and the larger browser.

Although there isn't a manual adjustment of the sampler, there is the beatlock option that will still try to sync jingles.

Sorry there is little more we can do to accomodate for this. Perhaps there may be someone out there that can make a plugin to allow pitch control for the samples (anyone??)

Manual pitch adjustment might be something that could be requested for a future release of VDJ.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 1:13 am
Hey Mykel,

I thought the KJ was just a 3rd player with a larger browser. Any estimate on completion?

:-)

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 2:01 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
No. This is a side project and is nowhere near ready for scripting as we haven't got all the graphics yet.

The KJ plugin is designed for karaoke users, and will be using two decks (panneled and switching) to enable cuing of next singer.

DJ FORMAT

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 3:40 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)