Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Equipment getting rained on?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Has anyone out there has done a outside gig and it started raing? Did it mess your equipment up?

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 10:33 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yep had a few. But first thing I do is make sure I have a tent if there is no form of protection from inclimate weather

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 10:39 pm
Water and electronic equipment, do not get along. I always bring a tent, and a tarp.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 10:45 pm
And I hope that you have it as part of your contract that the customer is responsible to eqp damage due to no fault of the dj ( weather, fights, drunkeness, ect.... ). When you point out this clause in the contract. The customer usually springs for a tent or cover.

50.00 us is a lot better than a couple thousand

geposted Mon 26 Mar 07 @ 10:58 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I need to start using a better DJ contract. Mine only includes price and percentage if price is not a set fee.

Does anyone mind sharing an old contract? Take out any personal information.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 12:00 am
I got stuck in a summer rain shower once - put garbage bags over my speakers and had a couple guys help carry my table into a garage. My gear did get wet, but I wasn't computerized at the time. I had a Denon DN-1800 and a Numark DM1200 Mixer... soaked. I waited a few days before turning the stuff on again and it all still works fine, though I have it sitting in a closet right now.

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 3:41 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I got cought out there once, I did the garbage bag thing too.
The owner of the home had a huge painter's tarp, we put the speakers real close to the DJ Table set the tripods to their lowest point ran the tarp over the speakers & equipment, put some paint cans on the edges of the tarp to keep the wind from blowin it away, and all went well.
Now a days I always make sure They will have at least a tent and if it's a small one it needs the side panels so the wind can't blow the rain in.

I never added that to my contract I just make sure they have a plan incase it rains,
My contract dose state that if myself or my equipment are in any danger that I can leave the party and the person I am doing the party for still has to pay for the gig in-full.

This covers a wide range of things such as heavy snow fall, bad/dangerous roads, someone getting violent with you, Bad electricty, ect...

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:02 am
Exactly my point....

geposted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 5:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)