Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need help: sources for MP3+G

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I realize this has been asked before, but I don't think the answer has been given. Basically, need a good legit source for MP3+G for an upcoming (3 weeks out) party. If anybody can give me any ideas, I'd appreciate that.

Can't wait to go home and play with v. 2.02! My poor neighbors!

geposted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 4:36 pm
I would like to know that too, a legit place to get these karaoke files...

geposted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 9:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm not hot on this topic as i have no particular interest in kareoke..,

But if you live in the UK then the high street retailer "woolworths" sells many of those cd's...

Sorry for my lake of info :).

geposted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 12:06 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello.....

maybe you try e-bay...or something like that.
i live in holland (noord brabant) and there you can buy them in waalwijk.

good luck...

geposted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 5:09 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
There is a few sites out there try a google search, I know of 2 but I forget the url. I will get it posted as soon as I am back from the Plasa show !

geposted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 5:34 am
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am in the UK....have 2500 files comaptible if you are interested. Email PAGE_IT@HOTMAIL.COM if you wish.....all files are error free and I have presentable playlists for you

geposted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 4:21 am
2500 songs sounds way cool. But, I am not sure if your purchase agreement allows you to resell those files. Where did you buy the originals from? If we are in the legit zone on reselling those songs, count me in. We all look down on the cracked versions of Virtual DJ, this should be no different.

geposted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 3:24 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No sorry you misunderstood / I explained that badly. I use a couple of companies that have provided me with my MP3 tracks that I can recommend. I just was not going to put links to other companies here as I was not sure whether this was allowed on the forum. But......

For US use www.singingstation.com

for UK go to www.karaokeisland.com

These are both good sites with instant downloads (I've used a few before that did not offer instant download / bad quality songs). I got all my tracks from these companies with no problems.

Sounds obvious but use a good site and I would recommend these two.....

I can help with playlists though as I have all the files (artist and track) correctly and neatly typed out in the same format (which took ages to do!) so you can print out decent playlists. I can mail you a list and just take out the songs you don't have/add extra ones you do have and it will save you ages!

geposted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 10:04 pm
I bought some songs from karaokeisland.com, but I can't get the lyrics to show in virtualDJ. Is that correct? Because I did see lyrics with the free software provided on the same site, and it seems that the lyrics are embedded into the mp3, rather then a seperate cdg-file, which vdj needs to read the lyrics.

Or is there a way to make it work in vdj and the karaoke plugin?

(and www.singingstation.com doesn't seem to work) :)

geposted Sun 12 Sep 04 @ 10:04 pm
Thanks, Sparky! Sorry I misunderstood.

www.singingstation.com appears to not include lyrics with their songs. Is that correct? Their server looked like it was down yesterday, but now it's back up.

Is that also true that you can't play karaokeisland.com songs in VDJ?

geposted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 1:50 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020

geposted Wed 15 Sep 04 @ 1:59 am
Thanks DJ Doc Z, the files from that site do work with vdj!

geposted Wed 15 Sep 04 @ 7:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)