Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What is the best 10" mixer out now?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a 19" mixer but want to go with a smaller 10" mixer any suggestions. my price range is $0 to $400

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 5:57 pm
For that price, denon-dnx 300

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 7:07 pm
need more info.....what features are important must haves for you?

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 8:05 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the denon x300 is ok but not for scratching so much, really depends what your looking for but you said "best" mixer in that price range so i would not put that in there as a top pick.

I'd Probably recommend something in the Vestax PMC line, solid built mixers plus it gives you an easy option to add the PRO X FADE

That said i think anything in the mid-range will do ok, it really depend on what your looking to do. Some mixers do things better then others, not to say it the best but it might be what best suits you.

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 8:12 pm
listen2 wrote :
the denon x300 is ok but not for scratching so much.

With the right modifications, it'll scratch just as good as any other high end battle mixer.

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 8:26 pm
ECLER NUO 3 is awesome. about $500 though. It has three channels (one for the sampler of VDJ), has customizable faders, and is compatible with Ecler's Eternal faders, and is basically great quality and great sounding. It's also one of the few mixers that is absoluetly brilliant for both techno/house/electro style mixing, and hiphop/scratching. Look up some reviews on google.

(The nou 2 is an alternative, a little cheaper, only two channels, and smaller wich is better for scrathing.)

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 8:38 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Mantahoe wrote :
listen2 wrote :
the denon x300 is ok but not for scratching so much.

With the right modifications, it'll scratch just as good as any other high end battle mixer.

i have one, i did the paperclip mod etc. it helps remove lag in the fader(makes a difference) but not totally clears up the decay issue in the sound, the faster you move that fader the worse it will sound, might not be a big deal unless your as advanced Q-bert but it certainly makes "the best" hard to say in the same sentence. If not for that issue it would totally rock!

Right now i am using a old Vestax PMC05 II , it's very basic in controls but delivers the most bang for the buck with quality and preformance.

None of this is even needed for debate since we still have no clue what the real need is behind the search for the "best" 10" mixer :)

Had he said best mixer no budget, i would have said Rane TTM56 or the pioneer 909
* there are so many good mixers out there, its hard to keep track

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 8:48 pm
Yeah, the ttm56 is good. Would be my next choice but it's kinda pricy.

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 8:54 pm
I will be using the mixer for mobile gigs, some scratching, no effects or anything additional. need a clean mixer.

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 9:23 pm
From all the input I might go with the Nuo2 or the ttm 56. I do like the rane mixers they sure can take a beating.

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 9:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally I'm a fan of the classic Vestax mixers for their build quality, reliability, sound quality and feel. Even better than Pioneer imo, although if you want a mixer with FX, Pioneer is the way to go. Numark for Budget, not behringer.

geposted Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 9:32 pm
I'd say if you're already at $400, spend the extra few bucks and get the Rane TTM56. It'll work forever and never need replacing. Sound quality is tremendous as well.

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:18 am
Totally agree, & like ^he^ said, it'll work forever & never need replacement. Go all out & forget about it. Rane.

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:34 am
Numark DXM-06 is great to work with

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 4:26 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Well, since we are all throwing in our two cents worth. I am using the Numark DXM01usb. That way you dont need an extra sound card. And it has a feature called "sub-bass" that enriches the feel of the music. Its all digital and under $300.00!

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 5:03 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Make it RANE on Em'!
Best Scratch/Battle/Production Mixer is the RANE empath.
check it out: http://rane.com/empath.html
The TTM56 is also awsome!
Check this out:
The engineers at Rane employed a sewing machine to test the durability of the magnetic fader. Each stroke generated one count. We have it set to apply a million strokes to the fader every day. We tested 13 million strokes before we got tired of hearing the darn thing, and the fader shows absolutely no wear or degradation
http://rane.com/ttm56.html
Also the magnetic fader will not stop working if you pour a drink into it.
Check out the videos at their page called "ColaTest.mov" they put the X-fader in a cup and pour cola over it and the DJ still scratches with it without any drop-outs

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 8:51 am
The penny & giles fader is the same one on the Denon dnx-300

geposted Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 2:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)