Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Cels new Text plugin - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

AMAZING!!!!!

Hats of for making a wonderful plugin that has almost every feature I can dream of but 1. After playing with your plugin I could only think of 1 thing to complete it: a timer! 5,10,15,30 minutes, or no time limit.

I love everything you have done and am quite amazed! If putting a timer in is possible it would finalize the best plugin made yet (in my tiny mind).

Rusty

PS. Either I am to dumb to figure out the "Flashing" part or it does not work properly

geposted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 9:19 am
Yes, I agree DJ Cel-s plugins are greattttt!!!!

geposted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 10:03 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 12:31 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just installed the plug in. Seems to work a dream!

I do a 'spin the wheel' night tonight, with 8 different drinks offers on the wheel. Normally i have to type each offer in everytime we spin it, but i've just loaded in all my offers and looking forward to trying it in the club tonight!

Gary
www.djgarybrown.co.uk

geposted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 2:55 pm
Was not playing music at all, probably where the problem was!

thanks

geposted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 6:21 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
been using this pluggin since last week when it was posted, i've been waiting years for other dj software to come up with something like this, they don't even come half way near to this so if your not using it pull your finger out and get to the pluggin section, big thankyou to DJ CEL its magic....

Tayla

geposted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 6:48 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
question-

can the 10 pre-typed things be saved and then accesed by hotkeys or do I have to go into 2D text and choose the one I want each time?

In other words, is it possible after making and saving them to just hit a key to have each one come on and off?

Thanks,

B

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 1:02 am
I could have added that but i don't want to interfer with VirtualDJ keyboard shortcuts so i think i won't implement it.

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 1:12 am
Cel- so I can't make my own shortcut for each of the 10?

ex #1 (on keyboard): makes text 1 play
#2 makes text 2 play
#3 makes text 3 play

thanks for the response.

B

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 1:14 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Duuuuuuuuude... your a bloody legend DJ Cel!

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 3:05 am
Hey Cel- yes the 2D text is awesome and probably gonna get even sicker- great work.

I was just wondering if you would be able to consider allowing us to make hotkeys for the 10 presets. During the night of a fast past club, it will be quite easier to just hit a key to activate the ones we need.

I know you said it could be done- any chance?

thanks,

B

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 5:27 am
Cel,

How about the timer is that possible? Would work GREAT for short shot specials!

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 10:33 am
Exactly what are you wanting to time, The amount of time the text shows, a timer that counts up or down on the screens (IE NYE countdown) or the delay between loops on scrolling messages.

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 1:22 pm
I got to work last night, loaded the file i had made at home, and all the text was there, but the sliders and settings were all over the place.

Don't know why this happened. Just tried it again and i've lost the settings again.

The x & y slider positions don't save, otherwise it was very good.

Gary

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 2:38 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice plug in dude.. mix on

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 3:07 pm
GaryBr wrote :
I got to work last night, loaded the file i had made at home, and all the text was there, but the sliders and settings were all over the place.

Don't know why this happened. Just tried it again and i've lost the settings again.

The x & y slider positions don't save, otherwise it was very good.

Gary

The x & y position are saved but it depends on the size of your screen. Was it the same?

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 5:53 pm
Well the monitor screen was the same size. I was using the same laptop, but the output goes to a video mixer then to different sized plamas around the club.

Its a very cool tool though, very useful. A few times i made the mistake of not deactivating one text before activating another, so i had overlapping text, but that just takes some getting used too.

Gary

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 8:16 pm
GaryBr wrote :
Well the monitor screen was the same size. I was using the same laptop, but the output goes to a video mixer then to different sized plamas around the club.

I talked about the video output size ;-)

GaryBr wrote :
Its a very cool tool though, very useful. A few times i made the mistake of not deactivating one text before activating another, so i had overlapping text, but that just takes some getting used too.

You have just given me a good idea

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 8:43 pm
Shhhhh, be quiet. He's thinking.

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 9:13 pm
I was speaking of a timer that only displayed the message for a predetermined amount of time.

Happy Birthday Susan

after 20 minutes it automatically turns off

$3 Jagermeister

After 5 Minutes it automatically turns off

I figured it could use the windows clock. I am not a programmer and don't know if I am asking for the impossible.

Rusty

geposted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 10:48 pm
31%