Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Database loss of info

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

OK, I can find no reason for this.

lately, when I open VDJ i notice that about 5-6 songs have had the info lost on them....cue points, analyzation, comments.

I even re-installed the program to no avail.

I ran a utility and I am not suffering from RAM errors.

I am runnig on a VISTA machine, high end. I have not had this happen before!

Comments?

HELP!

Thankfully I always save a copy of my database and re-paste it into the directory - but this is not a solution!

geposted Sun 17 Jun 07 @ 10:51 pm
I've heard vista can have problems with the database (although not noticeably experienced it myself)

They say the thing to do is when you want to open vdj, rather than just clicking on the icon, right click and select "run as administrator". Apparently that can help.

Also, just to be on the safe side, you could create a keyboard short cut to the "save database" action. Then just press that key before you shut down vdj to make sure every thing's definitely been saved.

geposted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 1:10 am

VDJ 4.3 has issues with Vista, specially with the database... since Vista dont like VDJ saving into Program Files.

So next version of VDJ fixes that...

geposted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 2:04 am
Thank you both for yur input. I always like to check things out before I post an issue. I have been running Vista smoothly....until this past week. The only change I can account for is a Vista update patch that was applied by Microsoft. Prior to that all was well.

I will eagerly await the fix!

Until then, I will keep saving a copy before exit. It is just frustrating as I have thousands of titles and hate to re-analyze and edit them!

Thanks again to you both.

Ronny582

geposted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 6:31 pm
I have never done this in all my years with this company, but I beg the team to look at a patch release to fix this soon - it is very frustrating to see so much data lost.

Even if you save the database - as suggested and as I already do- it can still end up corrupted on the next open. With so many titles in my library - it is crazy to have to go back and have to re-evaluate 10-20 each time I play a set!

Please!

geposted Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 3:09 am
As Norway stated this will hopefully corrected in the next update. I just went over to Vista on one of my machines and have not seen this issue personally, but I believe ya. I would save a good database somewhere safe and then save it again that way once the issues are corrected you have a good database and not one that you are saving daily that is missin info.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 07 @ 9:12 am
I just got a new laptop on Friday with Vista, but have not had a chance to install VDJ yet. So, glad i looked at this post. This is what I have been doing with XP. I have a usb flash drive, and save my data base everyday. Every time I close VDJ, I copy the data base to that drive, and replace the one from yesterday. From what I understand, even when VDJ closes, and disappears from the screen, it is still saving. If you cut off the machine before it finishes, you are screwed. This has happened to me, so I wait a few minutes, before I shut down the machine, and then I copy the data base. Plus, I am making changes every day anyway.

geposted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 9:23 pm
I too save everything to a usb brick drive. Man - if I only own stock in THAT invention!

As an aside - I have to say-

The feedback from the users.....Thoughtful and intelligent feedback...as well as some good old joking around really set this product line and support forums apart from others.

I have OPENLY stated I have used other products...but find NO OTHER that works as well as VDJ. I started back in the old atomixmp3 days.

It is also nice that the teamers chime in when necessary.

I can do nothing but endorse this product line and really wonder why anyone would choose differently!

Thank you all for your input and advice. Sometimes you just get frustrated after a long night!

Ronny582

geposted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 8:47 pm
ronny582 wrote :
I too save everything to a usb brick drive. Man - if I only own stock in THAT invention!

As an aside - I have to say-

The feedback from the users.....Thoughtful and intelligent feedback...as well as some good old joking around really set this product line and support forums apart from others.

I have OPENLY stated I have used other products...but find NO OTHER that works as well as VDJ. I started back in the old atomixmp3 days.

It is also nice that the teamers chime in when necessary.

I can do nothing but endorse this product line and really wonder why anyone would choose differently!

Thank you all for your input and advice. Sometimes you just get frustrated after a long night!

Ronny582

Sniff....Sniff.... I, I, think I'm gonna cry. I love you man.

geposted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 9:10 pm
In Vista just run VDJ as administrator. Right click on the shortcut and select run as administrator, then allow the elevation of priviledges through UAC; this allows writing to the VDJ folder. It's suprising that a patch wasn't released already, all it would take is to output the database and playlists etc to 'UsersCurrent UserAppDataLocalVirtual DJ' or something similar. Not a hell of a lot of code in that.

As for that db corruption, I don't see why running Vista would be any different to XP. Maybe it's worth raising a support ticket.

geposted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 9:16 pm
Yes, I already do as you stated.

THis seems to be happening above and beyond that.

Cheers though,

Ronny

geposted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 11:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)