Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: searto final scratch VS virtual dj.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

gotta say, downloaded virtual dj. Good program for most, but i was just generally not impressed. I actually learned how to mix using the old atomixmp3 back in 99, and even though virtual dj is good, it is for me lacking in the lag/time response section. I have a 2ghz cpu, plenty of hard drive space & good amount of ram, cpu meets system requirements, however, at least for me, the songs take FOREVER to load. Pretty much to the point where 3/4 way through the song, the song turns off because it hasn't loaded all the way. Perhaps i'm doing something wrong, but if i am not, i am not 100% impressed with virtual dj. I will probably be sticking with serato/rane scratch pro as i mix hip hop and scratch every now and then and it just seems virutal dj is lacking in that spot. If i am wrong, PLEASE let me know what you think, let everyone hear your opionions!!!

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 6:55 am
I have never used Serato. But since I work strictly with video... I must say Virtual DJ is a complete product for me. Very reliable/stable. Great output on the video. No choppiness. I was never a "scratching" DJ... but with the MK2 controller I can beatmix the songs without issue.

Overall I am very happy with VDJ.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 7:11 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You are wrong.you are using a trial (I hope) if you are a registered 4.3 user there are tools you can download to make it much faster. Not too mention skins, effects, and visual tools...Hope to see you with us soon.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 7:14 am
Can you use timecodes with a demo? I've not noticed anything like what you're having. Songs load in 4-5 seconds, timecode reacts instantly, no noticable delay, scratching goes very smooth and stuff... I can't put my finger on it, but i think you're doing something wrong :)

jk ;)

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 8:08 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its a great DJ software, both in audio n video. not xperience wat u been havin.. hmmm.. try to dl the latest demo..:)).

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 8:34 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Set Max Load to "Always" under options. Don't scratch with Master Tempo enabled (via skin).

This software has no such problems as you originally posted, it's down to your settings, try what I suggested and report back here.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 5:58 pm
I will do as ya'll have suggested. Perhaps it is because im on the trial version that it doesn't preform as fast? My computer is pretty up to date and meets sys req's, however songs take at LEAST 1 min to load. I will work with it for a while and check my settings upon what you have all recommended. Thanks for the professional feedback. I'm glad no one dropped any distasteful remarks as i was just looking for honest opinions. I will try to correct the issue and report back.

Thanks to all.

geposted Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 1:43 am
The time code does work with the demo! The demo is a full working demo. I have to admit VirtualDJ is not a plug and play software and thats the ONLY disadvantage it has. Serato all you do is plug it in and go at it Virtual DJ takes some computer tweaking and setup time to get running correctly. Once you have everything correct the files should load up very quick 5-10 seconds on mp3's and 20-30 seconds for large video files and thats me using a laptop with a very low grade graphics card and only 1.4 ghz processor. Make sure your settings are set to performance and not quality. VirtualDJ is a great program.....

geposted Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 3:20 am
Have you analyzed the songs you are tryin to load?? If not that may be ur issue

geposted Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 6:28 am
also depending on how your sound config is set it will do that you might want to check the settings. i did experience that first hand

geposted Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 7:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)