Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: whats the best

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

video card to use thats pci....yes only pci based.

i want to try to run vdj on a dell dimension 3000....which the mother board only has pci slots. Any suggestions?

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 9:27 pm
Just trying to understand. Is it possible it has a AGP slot?

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 9:32 pm

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 9:34 pm
You probably arent gonna see good results. I went through this a few months ago and just sent it back to Dell for another model. I tried the card you are askin about and it didnt work with video, but the karaoke did work.

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 9:48 pm
Ati Radeon X1300/1550 or Geforce 6200, nothing else. You'll want 256mb. None of that turbocache/hypermemory rubbish. Go for the pro/xt versions if available. Don't get anything with SE or LE in the name.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103031
^ That's the best PCI non low-profile card I could find. Don't get the 9250, awful card.

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 9:55 pm

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 10:05 pm
cool....i think i'm just going to sell it. get another with ht & pci express

geposted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 10:06 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
funkturnal wrote :
cool....i think i'm just going to sell it. get another with ht & pci express

Good decision, PCI is old standard used before AGP and AGP has started in 1998, so get PCI-E slot based motherboard, AGP is gone in history. There is AGP cards sold now, but they are much more expensive as they use PCI-E cards with bridge chip as adapter for AGP bus, and that's why price is bigger than PCI-E cards. And demands also, PCI-E is much more needed right now ;)

geposted Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 7:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)