Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: digital disco in the making

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have been dj`ing for several years now and would like to get into the digital age
i do like virtual dj as its the only program that does it for me
so can some one please give me some help as to what to do like what is the best mixer deck to use with the program as i have been using a hercules

but have been looking at getting a BCD3000 will this do more for the program as the pro version hasn`t got that option in the remote box plus how to incorporate it int the disco
with also using the old stuff too

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 9:59 pm
I was never a fan of the Hercules, and have seen guys crying from day one about the BCD 2000. So now they have the BCD 3000. If I were you I would wait, and do more research on all the controllers out there, to find which will work better for me. Some things to consider, size, layout, reliability, drivers, functions, support, looks, and cost. Ask yourself, why do I like this one better then the others?

geposted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 10:18 pm
I have a Hercules... but I only play at home. While I like the device, I dont feel it's really professional tool. It doesnt suck, don't get me wrong. I just feel that there are better tools out there for a few more bucks if you're gonna bet your job on it.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 7:10 pm
You have to figure out whats the best eqp for your situation. Like me, I do use the MK2 with great success in clubs. Do I feel I'm using a substandard eqp, NO. I'm not a turntablist so scratching is not my routine. I can blend, mix, and use sound effects with no problems, I did get a humming sound when I upgraded my computer but was resolved the same night with an isolator.

Right now I'm interested in a club that has little room but has 2 cd decks and laptop. So, Im making a demo disc and going to the local DJ shop to practice on the decks that used by the club. If I can, I will use the MK2 there as well. I'm hoping in the next month I will get the NTC to add to the setup to work with my video.

but once again, we can give you advice but you have to figure out your budget and what eqp is going to be best for your set up and style.

geposted Fri 20 Jul 07 @ 7:24 pm
the three opinions above are good i think ...... easy to spend the $$ , easy to make a mistake.....

do a little research , i'm not a Behringer fan and a i think AMaHM is right about bcd2000

geposted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 4:41 pm
@ fatkatz ...... you're good and ya know what yer doin' ...... i have never had any problem using my usual setup anywhere .......... don't ask .... just setup like usual and if you change the hookups on the board , just set it up for the next guy at changeover .....

geposted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 4:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)