Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New laptop soec

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone, I´m going to purchase a laptop dedicated for V-DJ but I nead some advice. It´s only for audio mixing!

What specs du I nead?
I have thought about a Toshiba A200 with these specs:

Intel Pentium Dual Core T2080 / 1.73 GHz
L2-cache - 1MB
Ram:1 GB / 4 GB (max), DDR II SDRAM - 667 MHz
Harddrive: 80 GB- Serial ATA-150
Video: Intel GMA 900
(the computer could be seen @ http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=336403&view=detailed swedish thought)
I will use a Harddrive via USB or firewire to store my music what is your opinion on that?

Will this make it for audio mixing perfectly?

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 1:17 pm
Shouldn't have an issue with that.

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 4:34 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It will work ok, you just need VDJ Pro ;)

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 4:56 pm
I got Hercules DJ Consle MK2, but it wont accept my serial. Have contacted the Hercules support and virtual dj, and it seams like my serial is in use by some french dude. And I bought my Console brand new. Something is really wrong... and I dont mind that much...

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 7:11 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,

I use a Toshiba Satellite Pro with similar spec as the one your are looking at.

Been using it for 4 months with VDJ and it's been good. I can't fault it.

Jimmy B

geposted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 8:55 pm
Why do you need VDJ Pro Edition? Whats the difference between the basic and Pro that means the former wont work with a laptop?

geposted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 10:39 pm

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 11:14 am
As far as I can see VDJPro and VDJConsole are basically the same so why one would work on a laptop and the other not I am bemused by? Anyway I am going to get a laptop but it appears one person says a vista 1.7mhz will work fine and another says you need at least Pentium 3 3.2mhz??? Does anyone actualy know what the basic requiremtns are for running VDJConsole on a laptop?

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 10:17 pm
As far as I can see VDJPro and VDJConsole are basically the same so why one would work on a laptop and the other not I am bemused by? Anyway I am going to get a laptop but it appears one person says a vista 1.7mhz will work fine and another says you need at least Pentium 3 3.2mhz??? Does anyone actualy know what the basic requiremtns are for running VDJConsole on a laptop?

geposted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 10:19 pm
He's saying to purchase the Pro edition to get the rest of the features, not that any other edition won't work on the laptop. If you get a 1.7ghz core 2 duo (more than likely will be with vista) or something like that sure it will work. Pentium 3 is like 7 years old now, so you'd need that high of speed to get anything done. I don't know that a Pentium 3 can even run vista....

Edit: Original poster, if you are planning on running vista get 2 gb of ram.

geposted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 2:26 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I hate vista.

I want my ram back microsoft.

CHEW SOMEONE ELSES RAM!!!

blah I run 4gb just to be safe

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 9:02 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hehe.. that y i still stick to XP:P

geposted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 9:32 pm
2GB RAM and Vista is gona be a pricey laptop. I read that Vista runs a lot of processes which is why I may buy a cheaper older laptop but with big power spec. I bet also VDJ has not been tested with Vista much either so probably more stable with XP? I'm gona get what they call a desktop replacment I think. Oh, by the way, does anyone know how to move the little squares that appear on a track below the time lines? Most of the time they are in line with the beat points but sometimes they are not. If left out they seem to want to try and sync with the little squares of other track but then it puts it out of beat? Ta.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:33 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:42 pm
kawasakizx6r wrote :
2GB RAM and Vista is gona be a pricey laptop.

Not really, currently SODIMM modules DDR2 for laptops are cheaper then desktop modules, I sell them ;)

geposted Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 8:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)