Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Your Hopes For VDJ 5.......

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jp21aPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I saw another topic similar to this one somewhere, but it was asking what would you like to see in VDJ5, now that its in its finishing stages (or completely finished), I would like to ask ........ what options, as far as user settings, skin views, performances tweaks would YOU, the common VDJ user, like to see in this much anticipated program??? Keep in mind that this is a question for your average user, as the those in the designing team, and forum moderators might be a little bias.

In my opinion, VDJ has a responsibility to improve from update to update, by that I mean address the issues that are currently a problem or could use improvement, or in someway be made more efficient. All this before trying to add "Cool New Features".

So the question has been raised. Please respond as I doubt that I am the only one who thinks this way.

A little background about me and what I like and dislike about the current version.

Im 19 and mix pretty good with any kind of cd player , I got into VDJ because it just makes sense to have your collection available immediately . I could care less about what those old school dj's think that it Is too easy or fake....if you cant use computers to make your work easier and much more efficient (may I add that you can make a PERFECT mix in VDJ) THAN ITS NOT FOR YOU...MOVE ALONG AND KEEP YOUR EARS OPENED BECAUSE MY MUSIC SOUNDS BETTER. AND I REALLY MEAN THAT.

Moving along.......
I love the timecoded vinyl, it works flawlessly if you follow the CORRECT setup and have knowledge about TT''s. I see way too many people trying to jump into the whole Timecoded setup, but have no idea how to setup a needle or play a record. It is important to concentrate on one thing at a time or else it WILL be overwhelming. Another reason many are having issues is because several different setups have risen since the beginning, and no one can assure your "I'LL TRY IT THIS WAY" setup will work. It cost money to do things the right way, but this important to have a good start off. We should decide on some exclusive hardware, at least the soundcard.

Another thing, I always thought that VDJ was a program to enhance the work of a dj, not a door to flood the web with amateur dj's. And it does enhance your work, if you know how to use it together with cd players, turntables etc..

We should definetely have an amateur section for those who know nothing, and then whoever feels like volunteering help can do so. But I'm getting tired of browsing through page after page of "HOW DO I MIX" or "WHAT KIND OF MUSIC SHOULD I PLAY", its not fair for those who are trying to provide real help with important issues. This has risen from allowing unlimited number of users to register with cracked copies and unregistered copies.
They just proceed to ask stupid questions. And it bother many users....believe me.

There is no secret to djing, its something you feel, you can also have the ability to mix to songs flawlessly but at the same time have no idea how to read a crowd and control the tempo of a dance floor... I seen plenty of those dj's....have you?

Getting off topic.....

1) I would like to have the feature to choose what views I want displayed on the main screen. I really don't want to download some user's creation(skin), I want to be provided with the stock look of VDJ and be able to add or remove this or that feature with a click or unclick of an arrow in the menu options.

2) The sampler doesn't really work all that well. The keyboard or MIDI device cant be used as a real sampler. Alot of people say this cant be done. Just look into fruitly loops, there you can use any key on any keyboard and it is pretty accurate on the trigger sensitivity, another option that all VDJ users should definitely have. I had a pretty cool idea ( At least i think so) where you could load sets of samples, where each set has 12 samples, that way you can load a variety of samples by group (grouped by the user of course) depending on the style that you are mixing.

3) The video works great, but some people just don't use it, Apparently it can be hard and costly to get a hold of good quality vids,. The plasma tv's also add up.
Have video as an option. Options make people feel like they are in charge.

4) The effects are OK. It sucks that users had to go as far as to turn into effect designers. VDJ should include a packet that consists of all the effects. A good way to know what effects to have is too look at all the leading cd players out there and make sure to include the ones that those come with. Keyword there is "INCLUDE". Also there are SOOOOOOOOO many effects out there, it wouldn't be bad to try out one of those effect controllers/processors, and be sure to include the most popular ones or go all out and include all of them. That would be amazing. As far as i know, we are limited to a few effects and the way to control them is pretty lame.

Those are my main concerns, Im sure there is plenty more, but you have to write down while your mixing, things that could make the software more efficient or user friendly and remember to comment on it, thats the only way your going to be heard.

Either way this is the best software out there, hands down, those who don't use any software shouldn't comment since their opinion is worthless and irrelevant...sorry guys.

I love VDJ, and can't wait for the new release. I really don't care if my wishes are fulfilled since I can mix with the software perfectly just how it is, but it would be awesome if someone at least took time to look into it. It really makes the user feel like the software was designed by and for a dj.

Looooong......... I know but I really felt I had to say this.

Thank you to whoever read it all.
Signing out DJ-P

geposted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 3:00 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think you should wait for the v5.0 and after testing it a lot, write your comments for the v5.1

geposted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 9:12 am
i'm going to add my three cents here too... personaly i am still stuck on 3.4 cause it works day in and day out with NO issues, i have played non-stop for 12 solid hrs on my laptop with not even a glitch.. and i actually had this long letter written about issues and thoughts, but it just wouldn't be fair.. its hands down the best thing for what its intended to do so the little "issues" just gives it character.. KEEP UP THE EXCELENT WORK GUYS...

djCapital T d-.-b

geposted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)