Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iCDX & CUE Audio route

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

scrawHome userMember since 2007

Hi there!

I recieved my 2 new iCDX yesterday, and after install the Numark CUE Trial y was trying to setup the adio output to route it to mi external mixer.

I have also 2 XP10 controllers and appears in CUE as "USB Speakers" to route it to mi mixer (1 per channel) but with the iCDX i see only my laptop,s internal soundcard on the audio options in CUE. (First i set up my iCDX on USB HID mode). I can see my two iCDX as external controller for each channel and this works ok.

¿Do i need an additional audio interface to route the channels of cue?

¿Do i need a driver for my iCDX?

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:06 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
iCDX is a controller only not a soundcard, unlike the XP10 which are a soundcard / controller combo.
So if you eliminate the XP10 from your setup then you need to now choose a new sound configuration which may require getting a new soundcard.
If you don't plan on doing a TimeCode setup then get a GigaportAG, if you do plan on doing TimeCode then get a MAYA44USB. OR, since you need the full software you can get the Numark VirtualVinyl which will get you the software and soundcard and put you in a position for using TimeCode in the future.

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:08 pm

Ooooh!

I was confused. I bought the icdx thinking of move from XP10. I need a multichannel soundcard....hmmm, i i have a hercules dj console too. ¿Can i use it as multichannel sound card for routing audio only?...i,m not sure of the hercules dj console audio/latency quality.

If not, i,ll see for a gigaportAG.

Thank you very much!

geposted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:31 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm not to sure, but I think you could use the hercules console if is the mk2 version, just as a soundcard

Don't know if the audio/latency quality is as good as a gigapottAG or a maya44 but it's worth trying.

You might find it work's good. If not then go with the gigaport.

Jimmy B

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:39 am

I got it!

I configured my Hercules (is MK1, the older) as soundcard for Virtualdj. In "Dj Mode" i routed Channles to the mixer and works nice. I also used my 2 iCDX for controlling the decks.

The only issue i see is that sometimes the sound "drops" or "clicks". I played with the controls on "Performance" in options of CUE with better audio performance but not as with the XP10,s I,ll try to configure the hercules as ASIO device.

I wanna get a gigaportAG or maya44, but i saw that maya44 is no longer available and the gigaportAg is a little expensive (i expended a lot of bucks on my pair of iCDX )

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:22 am
How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 2:24 pm
the iCDXs are usually around 500$ each...

i love my icdxs, however, i find it works a way lot better as a stand a lone unit ie not connected to the software

this is why - i believe the scratch/jog wheel is way to sensitive when connected

when you scratch, it aint bad but if you let go and the platter is still spinning, it will certainly effect the tempo of the song by a lot rather than less when the icdx is by its self.

i dont know but would timecoded cds do the trick? would time coded cd allow me to utilize the other scratch modes that are in the icdx (which cant be used while hooked up to cue)

if not, im willing to sell my icdx for 400$ flat included with a usb type b cable for computer hookup

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:26 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I might be wrong ( prob are )

But i was reading somewhere, it might be in this forum that they have started up pproduction again of the maya44, so you might be able to get your hands a new one.

It's worth lookin into,

Jimmy b

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:30 pm

Great news!

I,ll check the Maya,s manufacture,s site. ...is ESI, not?

I find that the iCDX (1150€ my pair on Thomann) works grat with CUE (or virtualdj), better than the XP10 (i have two also), but is not a SCRATCH unit. The jogwhell is nor oriented to beat jugglin. In my case is not a rpoblem couse i scratch eventually (and, beliveme, not like GrandMaster Flash) :)

Greets.

geposted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 10:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)