Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Browser Tag Reading

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

massdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My MP3 naming convention is as follows: <Artist> - <Title> - <Album> My question is why does VDJ 5.0 display the album with the title i.e, " I Get Money - Street Tracks #86". I have tried switching to read only tags and just about every other variation. I know it's a minor issue but it bugs the hell out of me.

geposted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 2:07 am
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
First off, do you have all of your mp3s tagged correctly? If not you are pretty much stuck because VDJ is reading your filenames as being a valid file structure and it will always look like that.

Now if you do have all of your mp3s tagged correctly you will just have to select all of your songs, I would do these just one folder at a time or else you computer will seem as if it is locked up, it will not be though. Then right click and choose File Info and then "Title from Tag". After that you can do the exact same and choose "Genre, Year, Etc." and that will give you then album names.

If you choose to just recurse your whole music folder and "title from tag" be prepared to just sit and wait. I have about 60,000 songs and it took about 45 minutes to do this. One other thing, after this finishes, select your title field to have the songs sort by title, this will also make the computer seem like it is locked up and it will take a while also, 10 minutes or so. Once it sorts you should be able to search and sort quickly. If you miss this step you will have slow searches. Then just shut down VDJ and open it back up and all should be good.

Hope this helps.

P.S. You will probably be tempted to shut down the program but as long as there is drive activity (Flashing lights on an external drive or the harddrive light on your c drive) it is working so be patient.

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:59 am
chansin wrote :
First off, do you have all of your mp3s tagged correctly? If not you are pretty much stuck because VDJ is reading your filenames as being a valid file structure and it will always look like that.

Now if you do have all of your mp3s tagged correctly you will just have to select all of your songs, I would do these just one folder at a time or else you computer will seem as if it is locked up, it will not be though. Then right click and choose File Info and then "Title from Tag". After that you can do the exact same and choose "Genre, Year, Etc." and that will give you then album names.

If you choose to just recurse your whole music folder and "title from tag" be prepared to just sit and wait. I have about 60,000 songs and it took about 45 minutes to do this. One other thing, after this finishes, select your title field to have the songs sort by title, this will also make the computer seem like it is locked up and it will take a while also, 10 minutes or so. Once it sorts you should be able to search and sort quickly. If you miss this step you will have slow searches. Then just shut down VDJ and open it back up and all should be good.

Hope this helps.

P.S. You will probably be tempted to shut down the program but as long as there is drive activity (Flashing lights on an external drive or the harddrive light on your c drive) it is working so be patient.

I would try like 5 files and see if it reads them correctly before doing a whole folder!

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:46 am
Can't seem to get it to work properly with my WMA files - isn't it compatible with them?

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
-- MP3 ID3Tags -- v1, v2 tagging

WMA, FLACC, OGG, etc. currently are not read by VirtualDJ <- Yes, implies maybe in the future but not at this time.

cstoll

geposted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:25 pm
massdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just wanted you to know that your recommendation worked flawlessly. Thanks!

geposted Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 12:10 am
Hi,
I've been having the same issues with VDJ not recognizing the id3 tags of wma files for over 3 software versions now, I thought by 5 for sure they'd have sorted this one out.

SO, my question is, short of begging the designers to create wma id3 support, is there a plug-in that does this anywhere?

Thanks,
-FM

geposted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 1:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)