Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The best of the small cars?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yepp, finally a thread about cars, small cars :).

I'm looking into buying a little run around car, I just thought i'd ask you guys what you'd consider the most reliable of the smaller cars.

Here's a list of the cars I've been looking at:

Fiat Punto
Vauxhall Corsa
Ford Ka
Renault Clio
Volkswagon Polo

Let me know what you think of these, and suggest any that aren't listed.

Cheers guys!

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 12:51 am
Be carefull baggy as some of the cars you have listed there are a different car in the states. For example i think the VW Golf here is/was a VW Rabbit over there.

However, my choice, it has to be the VW, either a polo or a golf. I once had a fairly rare VW Golf Estate (yes, they existed) and it was a fantastic car, and there were even a few Polo estates.

Second choice would be the Vauxhall

(estate in UK is a stationwagon in the states)

Oh, and wouldn't touch a fiat with someone else's long stick never mind my own!

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 12:57 am
VW are known for going on forever, which makes it the safest bet in terms of its name, although for this reason they are the most expensive car listed, so second hand (which is what I'm looking at) will mean having to settle for an older year/higher mileage on a VW, but still it could be worth it.

I was particuarly interested in feedback regarding the Fiat, you're not the first who's said that they are a pile of junk, that's why I saw some appealing Fiat offers on the Auto Trader site.

Thanks for the feedback, very useful :).

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:07 am
F= fix
I= it
A= all the
T= time

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:53 am
please dont slate the punto
i had a mk2 1.2 ltr 16v sporting for 3 years and the only time it went in the garage was for a service
and i could get my mobile rig into it (just)

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 12:04 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
diffenitely stay away from the fiat, admitetly they are a nippy car put what the sales people fail to tell you is that if you don't change your oil every four to five thousand miles (the manual says twelve thousand miles) you are having serious engine problems like replacing cam shafts etc, i know i had a fiat and did'nt neglect it but this problem with oil changes is well documented on the fiat owners club sites and i found out to my cost the hard way, save the hassle stay away from fiat...

Tayla

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 12:34 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 12:48 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The Fiat Punto is nice externally, but is a piece of plastic inside. I still prefer my Citroen C3... A good car is the Ford Fiesta, but also the Renault Clio isn't bad. If you have enough cash, go for a Volkswagen Golf ;-)

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:02 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hoping I can help out a bit here.

Now on our 2nd Vauxhall Astra and it's a great car (brand new when bought) and before that bought a 2nd hand one that was 9 months old. We traded in the old one with nearly 90,000 miles on the clock.

Before that had a wee Nova 1.4 which was a fantastic car. The VW is overpriced in the UK and the interior is very basic and sometimes they have a cassette player as standard???????

The sporty Nova's are great and it won the Top Gear small car last year

geposted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 2:27 pm
Thanks for all the feedback chaps.

Today I bought the car..VW Polo 1.4 CL. 3 Dr Hatchback. wooohooo :)

geposted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 1:15 am

geposted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 2:03 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)