Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Advice and #1 Rule I have learned...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

When ever you are mixing or scratching, use your IMAGINATION and get CREATIVE. The Pros can teach you how to beat match and stuff like that, but mixes are created from the imagination. If two songs pop in your head let say while you are driving home from work, this is what I do sometimes, and you say "hey, those would sound good together", when you get home, TRY IT! Don't hesitate or think about it, just try it. If it doesn't work out, then chances are, while you sitting there, something else will pop up.

Regards

geposted Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 8:26 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree that imagination and creativity are extremely important. I like sometimes to think of lyrics of two songs that play off of each other, you can make it lyrically make sense. That's fun too. One thing that sort of has taken a lot of the difficulty out of finding songs that will sound good together is harmonic mixing and key identification. Software like mixmeister or mixed-in-key will find the key for you and using the Camelot system you can match songs based on key. Voila, they sound good together, no more thinking :(

geposted Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 5:26 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That make u a better dj:).. A dj with his own identity....so even next time the dj is hidden in the booth.. n the crowds can't see him.. they will be able to recognised the dj mixing signature.. n that is u..hee

Creativity+knowledge+pratice+talent+skill+style = A near to perfecto DJ..

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 7:42 pm
spinnaJ wrote :

Creativity+knowledge+pratice+talent+skill+style = A near to perfecto DJ..
AAAHHH, you don't have to give so much credit SPINNAJ... gracias

j/k

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 9:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)